“Perfect,Perfect, Perfect.”

Ambrosia Key West Tropical Lodging
Ranked #9 of 77 Key West B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 29, 2006

The Ambrosia House Too is perfect for relaxing by the pool, the tropical landscape and the very helpful and pleasant staff on hand. The simple yet refreashing morning breakfast under the palm trees is a great start of a lazy day. The location is probably the best location to Duval street, and other attractions on the island. We have stayed here three times and every time is better than the the one before. The property is clean and it gives a very at home feel when you walk through the gate into the gardon.

The pool side rooms are perfect for the quick get away weekend but the tree top suites are the rooms to have. With your own deck or covered patio with white wicker furniture and hammock swing to swing the lazy day away or just sit and watch the afternoon showers. The swing and gardon are so inviting dont be surprised to wake up around 2am and find yourself swinging the rest of the night away.

The Ambrosia House Too is the only place we will ever stay in Key West. We would have loved to have stayed longer but with the tropical storm Ernesto and the evacuation of tourist we had to cut our stay short. We will be back for sure, with such a great find why change and take a chance on any other place.

The Roseman's
Indianapolis, Indiana

8  Thank Cole2005

Reviewed August 28, 2006

My wife and I stayed 3 nights at Ambrosia House. We were scheduled for a 4th, but were evacuated due to Hurricane Ernesto.

We went to Key West to shed some stress. Upon check-in, we were given complementary stress relieving elixirs. It was the first of many little touches that made things great.

This is a great place to stay if you want to forget about the rest of the world. The setting of both locations really makes you believe that you are living on a tropical island. And, with only a two block walk to Duval Street the first place you can hit is Margaretville.

Our room was very comfortable, and added to the old Key West feel. The fridge in the room was a great place to hold some drinks to be taken down to one of the many pools. We loved the small pool behind the building that allowed us to be totally secluded from the rest of the world.

The breakfast in the morning by the pool was great. While we did need to walk across the street to Ambrosia Too, it just added to the surrealism of Key West and made us feel more and more like locals.

The staff was great. Ben was our main contact, and he took care of our every need. We wanted seaplane trips, scooters, cruises, and restaurant recommendations (where the locals would go). All we had to do was ask him, and he took care of everything, we just needed to show up.

As I mentioned, our last night was cut short due to mandatory hurricane evacuations. It was already 5pm when we decided to leave, and I was amazed when we were told that we wouldn’t be charged for the last night. I really didn’t expect that, and didn’t even ask. This final touch really made our early departure much less painful. (We really didn’t want to leave.) I left with the impression that we had made a new friend. I don’t think I would have gotten the same service or Key West experience at a big hotel.

If you are looking for a place to feel like a local and lose yourself in Margaretville, I strongly feel that Ambrosia House is the place for you.

2  Thank Frank_Jr
Reviewed August 27, 2006

I spent three nights at the Ambrosia Too on Fleming Street. It is part of the Ambrosia Key West group of Bed & Breakfasts. Let me say that this is the BEST vacation I have had in a very long time. I traveled with eight women and one child. The accommodations were superior and every person we encountered at the Ambrosia Too went above and beyond anything I anticipated to make certain that our experience there was wonderful.

In real estate the first rule is LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION! The Ambrosia Too certainly followed that rule. We found that we could easily walk to virtually anywhere we wanted to go. We walked down to Mallory Square to watch the sunset. We walked to the nightlife and shopping on Duvall Street and the areas around it. We walked to the sunset cruise on Green Street, to Hemingway's house, the aquarium, The Butterfly Exhibition, the various museums, the beach...you name it...we WALKED! There were several wonderful restaurants within an easy walking distance. Lest you think we are kids, our ages range from a youthful 30 (we won't count the baby traveling in the stroller everywhere with us)...to a lovely 62 or so (ladies never tell their ages!). I believe that virtually everything we were interested in was probably within a mile or less from the Ambrosia, most of them being within a few blocks.

The rooms that six of us shared were clean, bright, modern and very spacious. (The two 30 year-olds and the baby shared a separate unit which was equally wonderful and had a private patio and was far enough away for the rest of us not to be bothered by the baby crying!) Our rooms consisted of a large room which had a kitchen/dining/living room area with a couch which slept two. A spiral staircase led to a private bedroom and bathroom for another two, and on the ground level, behind the kitchen was another bedroom for two and bathroom. Around our unit was a deck with tables, chairs, a hammock and swimming pool. There was a second swimming pool in a separate patio area for those inclined to swim laps. It was private and perfect.

Towels were plentiful (a must for ladies) and wonderful robes were also supplied. The kitchen was well appointed with a microwave, full-size refrigerator, two coffee makers with coffee and an assortment of sweetners, plenty of dishes, glasses, silverware, knife block, corkscrew, etcetera. There were television sets in each room, alarm clocks, hair dryers, curling irons, and irons and ironing boards.

Breakfast every morning consisted of warm muffins, bagels, danish, croissants, hard boiled eggs, fresh fruit, cereal and yogurt, with coffees and teas, milk and juices. The lovely ladies that work at the Ambrosia Too were very kind in putting the food and coffee out earlier than promised as my group and several others were up and sitting out in the patio area before 9:00, when breakfast was promised. Bottled water was placed in the refrigerator each day and additional bottled water was placed on a table in the patio area.

A wonderful, gourmet grocery store was a mere block from the units, which made it easy to have delicious food on hand all the time, and the full size refrigerator provided plenty of space for all of our food and the left-overs we brought from the wonderful local restaurants.

The staff at the Ambrosia Too went above and beyond anything I have experienced to make certain that our stay was memorable. From the recommendations made as to what to see, which sunset cruise to take, which restaurants to eat at, to calling us cabs and checking us in with the airlines and printing out our boarding passes for the return trip, it felt like we had our own private assistants. No request went unsatisfied. I never felt like I was putting anyone out. Nothing was ever done without a smile. I LOVED this place. I LOVED the people that work there. I intend to make it an annual trip and cannot imagine staying anywhere else. Once you have been spoiled as badly as we were spoiled at the Ambrosia Too, no where else will satisfy you. I cannot say enough nice things about the place. It was PARADISE. If you get the opportunity, you must check it out!

3  Thank Terri_Iasiello
Reviewed August 23, 2006

We just returned from our stay at the Ambrosia House. We were there celebrating my husband's birthday. This was our third visit to Key West and the Ambrosia House was by far the best place we've stayed. We stayed in Ambrosia House...not Ambrosia Too. We had a two-room suite....was perfect for the two of us. Great furnishings and character...hardwood floors, nice furniture, very peaceful and relaxing. We just loved it. On our side of Fleming.....Ambrosia House is on one side and across the street is Ambrosia Too....very quiet street...no problem to cross. Anyway, on our side of Fleming, just outside our door, was a small little pool that was actually 6 ft deep at one end....it couldn't have measured more than 6' x 8' or something and was wonderful to cool off. Across the street there were two regular-sized pools, plenty of lounge chairs and table and chairs to sit... Also on this side is the gazebo where breakfast is served from I think 9 to 11 am.....coffee, great selection of teas, fruit, bagels, danish, yogurt, boiled eggs, cereal. Plenty for us to start our day and really nice to have on site.

We had a private entrance, little sitting area outside our door....There were decks in the back for the other rooms in the house. Oh, and I almost forgot.....they have the most comfortable bed and bedding....something that I think is hard to find when travelling.

The staff could not have done more for us...they were so helpful and really knew what they were talking about. They can answer all of your questions and if they don't know the answer, they'll find out. We dealt with Ben the most and he couldn't have treated us better. Recommended a charter boat for my husband's fishing and that also worked out smoothly.

So, I can't say enough. We enjoyed it and if we make it back to Key West...and I sincerely hope we do....we will stay at Ambrosia again.

The location was perfect.....an easy walk to the historic Seaport as well as to Duval...Once at Duval, maybe a 3 or 4 block walk to Front Street and Mallory Square area. It was on a residential street so it was nice and quiet but right in the middle of everything that you could want. Parking is easy to find on the street and there are several parking spaces for the guests. Parking was never a problem.

Like I said, I hope we make it back to stay there again. It was a really good trip.

4  Thank jaeco
Reviewed August 22, 2006

We just returned from our second stay at Ambrosia Too. Once again we found this hidden treasure to be a delightful cross between a hotel and a B&B. The location is perfect being just a brief walk to Duval or the other direction to the Historic Harbor Area. The rooms are welcoming with comfortable linens, local artwork and cleanliness. The pools are quaint and surrounded by tropical landscape offering privacy. The gazebo breakfast each day offers an assortment of fresh bakery, juices and fruit. Ben was very helpful and provided us with ideas to make our outings enjoyable.The welcoming atmosphere and cleanliness of the Ambrosia Too will keep us coming back to this hidden treasure in paradise!

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple
2  Thank fawver
Reviewed August 20, 2006

I can not say enough good about the Ambrosia Too. I stayed there August 12-16 and it was great. My room was beautiful. The staff warm and helpful. The people staying there at the same time could not have been nicer. We all hung out at pool side and enjoyed the Key West feel. The breakfast was a meal in itself. Saved on overall cost. Bagels, eggs, fruit and coffee. All wonderful. Bottled water in the rooms and at poolside. What more could you want. Also the location is great. 1 1/2 blocks from Duvall. Will be staying here again.........just not soon enough.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled solo
2  Thank wheeltravel
Reviewed August 14, 2006

My mife and I stayed over for a long weekend for our first anniversary and had an absolute blast. The staff was super-friendly, the grounds were well cared for and beautiful, and the rooms were clean and very nice. Thank you so much for such a memorable and enjoyable stay.