“Quaint, Private, & Relaxing!”

Ambrosia Key West Tropical Lodging
Ranked #9 of 77 Key West B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed November 29, 2004

I recently stayed at Ambrosia during my first trip to Key West and absolutely loved it! Although it's not on the water, it is in a prime location located within walking distance of any and everything to do on Key West. The staff was very friendly and accomodating and just made my first trip to Key West an enjoyable one. If you're a couple, I recommend the Havana Cabana room, which is very private and quiet, with it's own entrance. I'd recommend it to anyone and will consider staying there again on my return to the Keys. Thanks Ambrosia for making my stay an enjoyable one!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed October 28, 2004

I have been to KYW a dozen times. I have even rented a house, so why did it take me so long to find the Ambrosia House? The staff was wonderful! Very friendly, NO ATTITUDE, just looking to make our stay an enjoyable one. The rooms are VERY CLEAN and decorated just the way you would expect a tropical room to look like. Light, airy, hardwood floors with a tremendous outdoor deck right outside your door, wicker chairs and couches (on the deck in pool suites). Poolside rooms have large tile floors, queen bed and large bathrooms. I deceided to stay an extra night it was such a lovely place. No longer do I have to look for a place to stay in KYW. Ambrosia House is my final destination.

• Stayed: October 2004
2  Thank sunnydaze1
Reviewed October 26, 2004

Tried to get down to Key West during the Hurricanes..never made it. Had reservations here but cancelled at the last minute (literally the day before) due to storms between us and them. Even though they had a 30 day cancellation policy and they were not affected..I got my entire deposit back. I'll try again and for sure stay with these folks. They are Honest and worth dealing with! Maybe some day..Fins Up!

2  Thank Steve H
So. California
Reviewed October 18, 2004

Ambrosia is just small enough to make it feel like you own, but has plenty of ammenites like pool and awesome breakfast goodies each morning. The ladies at this hotel are the best, helping us in anyway - as we prepared for my friends wedding. Unfortunately, our stay was cut short due to the Ivan Evacuation, but the gals let us hang out until our travel plans were change, even preparing breakfast for the handful of us that were there that morning. The rooms are lightly decorated in a tropical theme and the floor to ceiling windows allow a view of the tropical patio and pool(s). Highly recommend giving this place a go.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
long beach, ny
Reviewed October 17, 2004

The best experience I have ever had traveling. The people at the Ambrosia are the most helpful and accomodating I have ever stayed with.

The rooms are immaculately clean and bright and the grounds are lush and beautiful.

The location is perfect, steps to the Old Town and walking distance from the ferry from Fort Meyers.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Long Beach, New York
Reviewed October 17, 2004

From the moment you step foot on the ground till the moment you leave the lodging you feel like you died and went to heaven. The rooms are just beautiful. The grounds are lovely and the staff is very kind & helpful- A definite must be place and centrally localled to all

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Lafayette, LA
Reviewed October 12, 2004

Just got back from our first trip to Key West...was there for 5 nights. My husband & I had a blast! Ambrosia House is the perfect location...we stayed in the Fleming Townhouse. This is the largest on their property. Two story with porches on the first and second floor. I found it a bit pricey compared to their other rooms but wanted to assure our stay was nice. The townhouse has a full kitchen which was the main reason I booked it but, we never cooked once! The restaurants we dined in were inexpensive plus there is a great grocery store located a block from the townhouse. The only drawback to the townhouse is that there is only one full bathroom & it is located upstairs. Too bad there is not a half-bathroom downstairs. Also this would not be for someone that doesn't like to climb up a spiral staircase (rather small) but it didn't bother us. Marilyn made several arrangements for us during our stay & was a very pleasant person...even booked a massage therapist to come to the townhouse! We will definitly be back to Key West & would choose Ambrosia House again. But we would probably go with a less expensive room as we found we were always out & about & didn;t stay in the townhouse much. Thanks Ambrosia for making our 16th wedding anniversary a memorable experience!

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member