“Last minute trip found "Perfection" in Key West!!!”

Ambrosia Key West Tropical Lodging
Ranked #10 of 77 Key West B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Beach Haven West, New Jersey
“Last minute trip found "Perfection" in Key West!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2012

A slice of heaven! Walking distance to all the craziness of Duval St. that IS wonderful Key West, Mallory Sq., the Marina area and tons of restaurants and bars. However, far enough away to provide a relaxing, peaceful retreat with upscale amenities, unsurpassed management and staff, pools, hot tub, and delicious hot breakfast! Best of all - Pet Friendly( Love the birds on the front porch and a personal hello to "ELLIE MAE"!)
Tina at the front desk was wonderful, escorting us to our room and giving us a tour of the property, as well as moving her own car so that we could park! Mike (manager) went out of his way to call re: our B & B gift certificates and came out to personally meet us and welcome us!
Modern , inviting furnishings, Keurig in room, small ref. and microwave. CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN!!!!! Wonderful clientele (not a wild party place). Faustos market is right up the street with everything you could ask for plus Tina can provide you with discounts for some of the local restaurants. This was by far not my first trip to Key West , but I will NEVER stay anywhere else but here (unless I've given such a great review they have no room!)! Thank you , Ambrosia, for a fantastic mini vacation!
(PS- There is no fitness center. I accidently rated the "non existant" one as excellent and couldn't undo it, LOL! However, there is a lap pool and that was "excellent"! :)

Room Tip: We had a great room in front of the lap pool. Conviently in between both pools, close to breakfast p...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
Key Largo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2012

We went for spring break & had a blast. The resort makes u feel like u r at home. Great breakfast in the morning by the pool, great staff, pet friendly, 2 awesome pools & just top notch place! Oh and close to Duval where all the shopping is! Thanks for a memorable experience for my family and myself!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Eris S
new jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2012

A last minute trip to Key West gave us the opportunity to enjoy Ambrosia Key West. We booked 1 of the town homes and were pleasantly surprised!! Awesome location, beautiful home and a very friendly staff. How nice it was to walk from Duval Street to Ambrosia, after a few cocktails and not have to worry about driving, parking, etc. Breakfast was lovely and the grounds were well kept. Comfortable beds and nice furnishings. My grandpup enjoyed the pet friendly enviroment.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank mjs7246
Brooklyn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2012

Just returned from Key West. Key West was too touristy and boozy for my tastes, but I stayed because the Ambrosia was so great. The Jungle Room is better than the pictures reflect. Huge comfortable bed, fun decor, amazing gigantic bathroom and shower, plus a hot tub and deck right out the back door. The Jungle Room is in a house away from the main section, so you kinda felt like you had your own place. Breakfast was simple and tasty, the staff pleasant. Quiet location easy walking distance to everything. Highly recommend.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank alana s
orlando fl
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2012

From the moment I stepped through the door of the Ambrosia my stay in Key West was the most hospitable I have ever experienced. The entire staff were professional, courteous and understanding in every way. The room was amazing, clean, comfy and made to feel at home. I would reccomend the Ambrosia to anybody looking for a relaxing place that is also Pet friendly and very quiet. Breakfast was fresh every morning and offers more than just the usual items. I am moving to Key West on the 28th of April, and I look forward to becoming freinds which such wonderful people. The staff definatley played a positive role in my decision to become a key west resident.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank keywestrj
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2012

My husband and I came for four days and had a wonderful time. We stayed in the Captain's Suite which was very nice. The staff was very friendly and very accommodating. I recommend this B&B to everyone.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank thefrenchs
Stillwater, MN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2012

I have been to Key West over a dozen times. Ambrosia has been the place I keep going back to. We have tried looking at other options (including renting a place) but Ambrosia just keeps drawing us back. The improvements to the buildings were noticeable (since my stay there 2 years ago). The additions of iced tea and snacks available throughout the afternoon were very welcome. We stayed in Bob's place. There were 3 of us and we were quite comfortable. I think I lived on the hammock on the upper terrace. The location cant' be beat-centrally located but just enough away from it all to be able to relax.
Thank you to Tina, Michael and Marilyn for another great visit. We are creatures of habit, so thank you for introducing us to some new restaurants! I will be back.... its also the first place I recommend to friends/relatives who are traveling to KW.

Room Tip: Bob's place is a great townhouse for 2-4 people. Katie's Cottage is terffic for 4-6 people...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family