Ibis Bay Beach Resort
$294
$260
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
Fairfield Inn & Suites Key West(Key West)(Great Value!)
$199
Fairfield Inn
Ocean Key Resort & Spa(Key West)
$329
$384
$285
  • Breakfast included
$377
Lighthouse Court Hotel in Key West(Key West)(Great Value!)
$289
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
1,246 results
All reviewsstone crabstoned crab restaurantbeachfront roomshuttle busjet skion site restaurantevery hourduval streetnice poollounge chairsrooms are smallold townbeach towelslaid backdowntown key westmini fridgetortoises
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We had to change rooms twice since the first room smelled of urine, and had no wifi. The second one had a toilet that didn't flush and the back door was not locking properly. By the time we ended up in our final room it was passed midnight and were too tired to look around. The second day we realized this back door to this room did not work either.

I was very un satisfied with our 2 day stay here. First, we mistakingly made the reservation here, when we tried to change it, we were met with Peter, the very rude hotel concierge. He told me he had the "power" to let us cancel the reservation but wouldn't. Then he refused to call the manager of this hotel. This effectively cost us over 300$ to this hotel.

Again. For your money, this hotel is NOT worth your visit.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
10  Thank S G
ChrisHollandKeyWest, Owner at Ibis Bay Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

I will look into this and contact you myself once I hear more about the circumstances and come to a conclusion we can discuss together. I was away at an industry conference. I will interview everyone involved here before we talk. Thank you for contacting me through Tripadvisor.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

It was one of the first resorts on Key West (according to employees) but had a major renovation. It was quaint, but if you seek modern things, you won't get it. The sliding door, that lead to outside, did not lock properly. A shower rod was used as a door jam, but you could easilty tilt the door open. There were no other rooms since it was Memorial Day weekend 2012. To give them credit, a repairman came to the room promptly and intalled a proper door jam. No one complained about this before??? It wasn't a bad place, just a little too far from the action. The costs of cab rides cut into the money that was saved for the low cost room.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Bee9876
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I had been rattling with this decision on where to stay for our Key West vacation for months before I booked this place & let me say we were not disappointed! Yes it would be great to have been able to afford a Hilton or Marriot type hotel but as we were celebrating the end of our academic career graduating from UF we needed to save some money.

First off, it was CLEAN!!! That's always my biggest concern w/bargain hotels. The bed was comfortable, nice tv, spacious bathroom, and a fridge. Wish they had a microwave, but still a good deal. The bay view was great & recommend it for anyone who books. Very nice to hangout on the hammock during the day or night. Also had beach chairs on the sand & on the docks.

In terms of excursions, we booked 2 things through the fun desk. 1) night time paddle boarding 2) jet ski tour. Both were awesome & worth the money! My suggestion is to actually get a kayak with a clear bottom for instead of paddle boarding because you are out there for like 90min and very tiring even for pretty in shape people like ourselves. Also you can see more with the clear bottom than on the paddle boards. Don't worry the bay isnt that choppy for you to lose your balance or anything. The jet ski was a lot of fun & definitely just pay for 1 & share it. It too can get tiring & are allowed to switch drivers when you want. We had Robbie A as our guide & he was great! We had us and an older couple on the tour so we really got to do what ever we want. He let us mess around with the skis during our stop at the sandbar, also he was a local & told us a lot of cool stories of what its like growing up in Key West. The fun desk had a lot of other things you could book through them too, if we ever go back we really want to try deep sea fishing.

We never got a chance to eat at the stone crab because my boyfriend really wanted to experience the different restaurants around Duval street & waterfront ones on the marinas. However, it looked like a lot of fun. The only draw back about the Ibis Bay is the location. Very far from downtown & the one night we took a cab to & from was pretty expensive. Would be cool if they had some kind of shuttle service like I observed some of the other hotels doing.

All in all you will not be disappointed with booking here. 2 kids just finishing their masters wanted to celebrate on somewhat of a budget & we did! Think both of us spent around $1200 each including lodging, meals, & excursions. Worth every penny!

Room Tip: Definitely get water view!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Alyssa S

Thank you for your statements. You are right, Ibis Bay IS is good deal. Our resort facilities and activities keep a lot of guests at the resort both day and night. Downtown hardly ever calms down day or night. Great to party but no relief. For people who want somewhere quieter, Ibis Bay it isn't a matter of money. But that's a nice side-benefit. BTW, our free downtown shuttle starts in August. Come on back when you can.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

I booked this hotel based on the reviews I read online, and also on the website. It was more than we expected. It was amazing. We loved sitting outside watching the Iguana and Ibis Birds wondering around. It was an amazing view while lounging in the hammock. The ocean and the beach.. sooo relaxing.
The staff was absolutely awesome. They did everything they could to help make our stay great. I asked for a room that had a view, and they made it happen. They were awesome and a lot of fun. They joked around and had a good time with us. We ate at the Stoned Crab which was part of the resort. It was awesome food, and a very friendly atmosphere. All the staff here was exceptional. They gave us pointers on where to go, and how to get around easier. There was one waiter (Sam) who took time out of his night (even though it was busy) to talk to us and make us feel welcome. He was great. Between the rooms and all the things they have there, we looked forward to going back to our room at the end of the day and kicking back to relax. Thanks to everyone there for making our stay perfect. Even with the construction going on, we didn't hear any of the traffic or outside noise from our room. We loved staying there and will recommend it to anyone and everyone. Can't wait to come back just to stay there (pretty much did everything there was to do in Key West, but would love to stay there again.

Room Tip: Room facing the beach.. That is where you get the hammocks and iguana's and the beautiful view.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Angie S
ChrisHollandKeyWest, Owner at Ibis Bay Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

They say the secret to success is getting repeat business. We think that making it possible for both the staff and the guests to enjoy meeting each other this much is the secret to being happy at work. But I'm glad it's good business too. Thanks for sharing your feelings about us. We will look forward to seeing you next time.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

We were drawn to the funky, tropical atmosphere and the friendly, accommodating staff. We paid a bit more for a first floor, large, renovated room on the water. So worth it. A small, sandy "beach" was right off our patio replete with hammocks, palm trees, black mangroves, and a camera shy Iguana. But, no matter how lovely the property, if the staff sucks then your stay sucks! Not at Ibis Bay. The staff made our stay magical. From the rich, luscious, fresh cuisine, made with love by Executive Chef, Tami Ritchey in the open-air restaurant, The Stoned Crab. The resort has their own fishing boats - so it's really fresh seafood on a menu that I did my best to eat my way through. Tami's talent as a Chef is so awesome that we ate EVERY SINGLE MEAL at The Stoned Crab from check-in - to check-out (5 days). Must try the Eggs Benedict and Bloody Mary's in the morning; the delicious Stone Crab claws ANYTIME, for dinner - the Lobster Ravioli is most excellent! My pants were slightly tighter after (5) days and I blame Tami!! The other stand-out staff who made our stay so enjoyable are the day bartenders - GinnaLee Becker (restaurant bar) makes the best Mimosas and is one of those rare and wonderful people that everyone adores! Chris at the pool bar kept everyone entertained while mixing perfect Rum Runners - So Cute! And I must mention Connie Levy who took good care of us in the restaurant, and Peter Maczek who seemed to be everywhere, doing everything. I complimented the Resort owner while on site about his best, most valuable asset - a staff that really cares about the guests, the Resort, their service, and each other. That is why we'll be back and we'll tell everyone we can about Ibis Bay and the great people we met there. So, until our return I will dream about Tami's amazing food - till I can taste it again! SHINE ON!!!

Room Tip: "So worth it to pay a bit more for first floor, water side, renovated room."
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank andrea m

The benefit of running the hotel and the restaurant with the same spirit, is exactly this kind of response. No matter where or what you do at Ibis Bay, you feel welcome and part of our family. Not surprisingly, all of us who work there are like members of a big family too. I will pass on all your mentions. Everyone will be glad that you had such a good time. And thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review.