“Good value for the price”

Ibis Bay Beach Resort
Ranked #42 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
“Good value for the price”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

The staff were extremely nice and helpful. The room faced the water and the outside area was really nice with the sand, hammocks, and chairs. Great watching the birds walking around outside the door. The rooms need microwaves and coffee pots, although they do have refrigerators. Also, the bathroom had no hooks, shelves or cabinet space for toiletries. The room could also use a small table or desk. Otherwise we enjoyed our stay and would recommend it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Angela S
ChrisHolland_Ibis, Owner at Ibis Bay Beach Resort, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Our goal is to offer a beachfront Key West hotel that is neither stuffy or unimaginative. Its nice to hear our guests feel we have accomplished what we set out to do. And we have kept it affordable as this guest points out. Thank you for writing about this.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (299)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
LA
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We stayed here on our recent trip to Key West. I was looking for a budget friendly hotel and was amazed at how great this place was compared to some other budget "friendly" hotel chains on the island. I was really happy with our choice to stay at a local place and even though our room was small, it was full of personality and that counts for a lot! There was a beach with hammocks, a pool and various animals on site like iguanas, parrots & tortoises. Everyone was super friendly and I recommend staying here!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank tabs76n
Thank you for bringing up something that baffles me. Why do people travel all the way to funky, quirky Key West and end up staying in a chain hotel that's the same all over America? When you arrive at Ibis Bay everything here is all Key West. There are 8 beachfront hotels here. We are the most affordable, the least stuffy and the only independent. Our reputation for style, cleanliness and friendy service is now well-known. I know I am bragging, but it is a fact. I am very proud of what everyone here has achieved . Thank you for staying with us and taking time to write what you did.
ohio
Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Great relaxing place to stay. We usually stay at expensive hotels. Last year we stayed at the Westin in Mallory square. I enjoyed ibis bay much more! The hammocks outside of the rooms are great, I slept outside 2 nights which was nice. The staff clean the entire hotel grounds every morning. Rooms are clean. It's an older hotel, but very clean. I will come back for sure!!

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank arcman033
ChrisHolland_Ibis, Owner at Ibis Bay Beach Resort, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
I have fallen asleep in the hammocks in the middle of the work day! The staff were very amused and took pictures of me there. Staying downtown is a fun, but hectic experience. if you want a "beach hammock style" quaint Key West vacation, Ibis Bay is the place, regardless of price. I am very glad to hear we were the right place for you. Thank you.
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed February 1, 2013

My husband and I were doing the whole Overseas Highway and ended our trip in Key West. Ibis Bay staff was FANTASTIC - gave us best rate with a same-day arrival check-in. Bay front room - beautiful view! Romantic and laid back! Staff was wonderfully nice, helpful - room clean and completely 50s retro cute. Couldn't have been happier! Much love to the tortoise on-site, too - what an awesome guy he is!

Room Tip: Get a bay front! And if you're worried about being close to Duval, it's a 5-minute ride/ dri...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank 4ftFury
ChrisHolland_Ibis, Owner at Ibis Bay Beach Resort, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
My staff and I know that your stay with us is most likely a once a year opportunity for you to refresh and get closer to your loved ones. We do everything we can to make it a great experience. When I first bought Ibis Bay I used the room you were in as my office. I loved the privacy that back beach offers. Plus the mangroves around there make you feel like you are in a South American jungle full iguanas and tropical birds. I am so glad you had such a good time. Thank you for your review.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed February 1, 2013

This place has everything you need for a most comfortable stay. Yeah, there's no coffee maker in the room, but coffee is complementary for guests at the excellent Stoned Crab Restaurant. Service is impeccable, from the front desk to the maid service to the restaurant. The rooms and the beds are most comfortable, if a bit rustic, and ours did have a refrigerator/freezer and a free washer and dryer in a small alcove. The semi-private beach outside our french doors had a small picnic table and several hammocks, and the ibises and iguanas visited almost daily. The staff made sure we wanted for nothing -- everything we needed to make our stay comfortable and fun was provided with grace and style. The location is convenient to both the airport and downtown. And Tom's daily pool party is an absolute must.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Francis C
ChrisHolland_Ibis, Owner at Ibis Bay Beach Resort, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
I don't know why my response wasn't posted when I wrote it. I remember it distinctly because your room was the one I chose for my office because it was so pretty and private. The little beach, the hammocks, the wildlife and mangroves make it special.
I am really glad to hear that my staff and their service was appreciated. We all love Ibis Bay. Our effort and pride certainly shows. Thank you for such nice compliments. Ibis Bay doesn't have to be just a memory. Think about coming back some day soon. The iguanas say, "Hi!"
Cape Canaveral
Reviewed January 31, 2013

we loved this place it's in a great location and really nice! our room was real clean had fridge,tv, huge towels and maids clean room pristine everyday. it was nice to walk around the beachfront to get to our room and it was romantic with hammocks by the water. huge turtles and iguanas, birds, and fish by the water.the restaurant was extremely good we had breakfast with unlimited free coffee and dinner on the water with candles. staff very friendly and will go extra mile, Claudine was really accommodating. I would rate 6 stars best place in key west!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank DixieJessie
It is so nice to arrive at the hotel and read a review like this. It means that what we are doing is what people really enjoy. I often sit on the beach in the morning too to drink my first cup of tea (Aussie's love tea!). It is so serene. Thank you for your advice to readers and for helping us too. I hope you get a chance to come back and see us again. Lexie, the blue macaw says, "hi!" and some other unrepeatable things our guests have taught her.
Munster, Indiana
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Key West can be so expensive, but this hotel more than met our needs. Great service, comfortable beds and funky atmosphere added to the Key West experience. If you're looking for luxury, this is not your place as the bathroom is quite small and there's no refrigerator, coffee pot, desk area or soft comfy chairs. But the fun "beachy" decor and pool make up for the missing comforts. Plus the Stone Crab restaurant served great breakfasts and dinners.

Room Tip: Rooms on the waterfront are a little more expensive, but worth the added expense.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Nancy H
There are only 8 beachfront hotels in all of Key West. We are the least stuffy and the most affordable. The Stoned Crab restaurant is rated four stars. Everything they cook is amazing. Tjank you for staying with us and helping spread the word. We all appreciate it.