“Very pleased”

Ibis Bay Beach Resort
Ranked #43 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Reviewed December 12, 2011

We booked through an online tool, not knowing what to expect. The rooms were very clean. The bed was more comfortable than the one we have at home. The staff was extremely helpful, accomadating and pleasent. We had a great time and would definitely stay again when we go back.

Room Tip: We had a master with kitchenette, made the food aspect more affordable.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Sarah S
Write a ReviewReviews (1,226)

Reviewed December 9, 2011

Ok Folks! If you are traveling on a budget, as I was, this is a fine place to stay. I recently flew to Key West last minute alone. The room is a place to stay! Hello.. you are in Key West. I didn't spend much time in my room. The room has a bed, tv with remote and a bathroom. The floor in my room was all tile. This would not be the ideal place if you are honeymooning and looking for frills. IT IS BASIC, but clean. It did not have a blow dryer or an iron. I didn't ask if you could get one from the office. Possibly? The staff IS WONDERFUL and fun! They can direct you on where to hangout etc. You can rent a bike or motorcycle from the lobby of the hotel. (approx. $75 bucks, cash or credit) I recommend the motorized scooter from the distance from Duval street.(about 3 minutes) It was fun too! The restaurant is a good place to chow.
I will stay here again and recommend it to my friends. We are late 20's and early 30's. Reminds me of a "spring break" hotel..

Room Tip: I would not pay anymore for the Bayview.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank KMartin78
Reviewed December 9, 2011

The place is nicely renovated in a cheerful colorful style. I had friendly quick check in and then referred to a friendly concierge desk if I needed any tours or activities. I felt welcomed without any pressure to book anything. The room was clean, nicely decorated, but did smell musty. Maybe for not being used in a little while. That cleared quickly after the air conditioner was turned on. It worked well. This is a very decent place for 2 stars. Since I booked on Hotwire I was not informed of the exact hotel till after booking. Once I arrrived I was informed that I was about 2.5 miles from Duval St. Too far to walk. This was my main disappointment, but not the fault of the hotel. I feel it was a very good value for the price I paid. There is free coffee in am and 10% off restaurant bill for hotel guests. I did have breakfast there. Had the huevos rancheros which were prepared to my liking and very fresh and tasty. The staff at the restaurant (an outdoor covered cafe) were very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: showers work the opposite way. turn left for cold, right for hot.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank MiamiTravelBug
Reviewed December 3, 2011

We like low prices and great value. Ibis Bay Resort gave us a great Key West getaway with a waterfront room - not the greatest room, but adequate; not the greatest view, but pleasant - along with very pleasant pool and a decent hotel restaurant. Although the hotel sits right on Route 1, it's separated by a small canal so the environment is active but not horribly noisy. We spent a whole morning working at a restaurant table - with coffee coming whenever we asked - and thoroughly enjoyed our temporary office facility - complete with palm trees swaying in the warm breeze! I'd go back (though would definitely aim for a waterfront rather than parking lot room)

Room Tip: go for waterfront
3  Thank GailW2011
Reviewed December 3, 2011

we went over with a few friends for just one night. it is a small but very nice resort. the rooms are clean and very creativ designed. the service and personal was very friendly. we enjoyed the stay and it will be always my choice if i travel to key west.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Andre R
Reviewed December 2, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Ibis bay during the week of Thanksgiving. We booked our room through hotwire and got a fairly good rate. I read the reviews on here before our trip and was really unsure what to expect. The front desk staff was very helpful and got us checked in quickly. The resort is nothing fancy and I wouldn't consider it to be beachfront, however we weren't impressed with any of the beaches in Key West. The room was very small with just the bare minimum of a bed, tv, and small bathroom (shower only). The room we got was however very clean and it looked like it had recently been painted, and cleanliness is the main thing I look for when traveling. The pool deck was nice, but I wish they had a hot tub. We also ate at their restaurant, The Stoned Crab, twice during our trip. Once was for lunch and the other time for dinner, and both times our food was excellent with very large portions. They charge a resort fee of $10.50 which I don't thoroughly agree with since we wasn't provided with any sort of amenities. Overall, the resort is nice and I think that their website gives a fair description and accurate photos. We wasn't impressed with the area overall, but Ibis was a nice low key place to stay for a couple nights.

5  Thank Csettle
Reviewed November 28, 2011

good service,nice people,beautiful and romantic honeymoon room!!

3  Thank moema11