Ibis Bay Beach Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
1,246 results
All reviewsstone crabstoned crab restaurantbeachfront roomshuttle busjet skion site restaurantevery hourduval streetnice poollounge chairsrooms are smallold townbeach towelslaid backdowntown key westmini fridgetortoises
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 2, 2011

5 of us stayed there for one night at the end of August, 2011. We took a quick visit to Key West and looking through all the hotels this place seemed to be a perfect one because they had a room with 3 beds. The room was very plain, one of the beds looked like it was about to fall apart, nailed wood panels on the side were sticking out underneath the comforter, etc. The room was large and the AC was echoing in it all night (the room had tile floor). We asked for a wake up call at 7 but nobody bothered to call so we almost missed our boat trip. Towels were enough for 3 people not for 6 (with 3 beds in a room you are expecting at least enough towels for 6). Very small bathroom and the toilet wasn't flushing correctly. The room was right on the water but the water smelled horrible.By the morning the smell was gone. We have been to Key West before several times and when we will return again we will not chose this place for sure. For $160 I would pick a different place for sure.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 29, 2011

Property is going through a much needed rehab. Has potential. Furnishings in room was very sparse, had to use a chair as the night stand. Until the amenities are improved would not recomend for a couple. Needs to work on the lighting outside the rooms, had to fumble to get in the door because I could not see. Pool was full of local children, very rowdy and rude. Could not enjoy the pool at all. The restaurant food and drinks were good. Glad they are working on the hotel but chances are I will not stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Shells103
Reviewed August 19, 2011

Hello again folks -

This was a last minute trip and I had remembered seeing the Ibis Resort, with its colorful neon sign, and decided to call. I spoke to a very nice lady who upgraded my room from a regular (hotel style) room to a 2 bedroom suite. The room we booked was #612... remember it... it is right next to the pool and next to the breakfast/bar area.

Anyways, we were very pleased when we walked in. The kids attacked the first bedroom and we got the rear one which faced the pool. The rear room has a huge bathroom with a tub and separate shower. The good thing is if you need even more room than this, you can book the ajoining room, which connects (should you have a bigger family).

The breakfast is free and great. Not the stuff you get at continental breakfast - what you do is, you print the coupon that is displayed on this page, and when you arrive to check in, you tell the front desk. They will give you a card for at least 4 people for a free hot breakfast, cooked to order.. really a great money saver. The staff at the resturant are attentive... just make sure to take care of your waiter.

Danny was a great server as we tried to stay cool in the pool. The day was so hot that it felt like bath water. Danny kept the drinks and eats coming and made our stay great.

Also, I strolled within the complex and found Mccaws and turtles. I found hammocks by the beach but the heat was so intense, I couldn't stay long. There are wet bike tours that leave from the property and boat rentals too.

Now for the part that need improvements:

The Beds!!!!They are too hard, please throw a pillow top on there - it would make for an improved nights sleep.

Also the flat screens sit to low. Management should consider setting them up on the walls for greater comfort when watching TV from the beds.

Tip:
Ask for the renovated rooms only - the non-renovated are cheeper but you will not be happy.

Also don't eat at the Hard Rock - it was terrible - no one ate their food and it was $80 bill!
Better eats are some of the local seafood resturants and the never failing TGIF and my kids fav. OUTBACK.

Happy Travels!
From MasterTravelers

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank MasterTravelers
Reviewed August 18, 2011

My friend and I stayed here for 6 nights. It was our first time in Key West and everything was great except our stay at the Ibis Resort. When we got to our room we were shocked to find that the comforters and pillows were in a pile on one of the double beds! We had to call the front desk and have housekeeping clean our room for us when that should have already been done prior to our arrival. The room was filthy. The comforters, decorative pillows and shams had stains all over them. It made me question if the sheets on the beds had even been cleaned. I was afraid to touch the comforters because of how dirty they looked. The bathroom was small and definitely smelled of mildew. There were also drain flies in the bathroom. The sliding door only stayed shut with the use of a metal pole. Out of our 6 day stay, our room was only cleaned 3 times. I called the front desk to request fresh towels during one of the days housekeeping skipped our room and a lady came to our door with a trash bag filled with towels, soap and toilet paper. I guess that was supposed to make up for skipping our room that day but I found that to be very rude. THIS IS NOT A RESORT... STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE. The pictures are very misleading.

Room Tip: Make sure the pole is in place on the sliding doors. Bring your own bedding.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank pancit85
Reviewed August 15, 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed here on 8-9-11. We started out in an updated room, but didn't really like the view of the rundown boat outside of our room. I went to the front desk and spoke with Alex. He was very helpful in changing our room. We chose to move to one of the older rooms and thought it had great charm and a "cozy" feeling to it. I asked Linda from housekeeping for an iron and ironing board and she was very helpful and friendly also!!!! Very refreshing to have such wonderful and attentive help!!!! We will absolutely stay here again!!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple