“A nice escape”

Tropic Cinema
Ranked #1 of 12 Fun & Games in Key West
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Tropic Cinema is South Florida's only nonprofit multiplex cinema screening 1st-run indie, foreign and documentary films and Hollywood blockbusters every day. With 4 theaters, state-of-the art projection services and the best concessions stand anywhere (we serve wine and beer and drizzle our popcorn with 100% melted butter), it's no wonder Florida Monthly magazine named Tropic Cinema "Florida's Best Cinema" for four consecutive years.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase
Reviewed May 9, 2014

We needed a little escape from nightlife (and well drinking). SO went to the movies and grateful for having the theatre.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

Cleanest movie theater ever and all the staff are volunteers. Staff very friendly and great popcorn! Loved our visit there!

Reviewed May 4, 2014

When your tired of the heat and humidity, this is the place to chill. They serve wine and beer that I saw. I drank water so I'm not sure if there is any spirits there. They run independent and foreign films which are hard to find near my home. The theater is run by volunteers and worth the visit

Reviewed May 1, 2014

Good movies that include foreign genre
Good food and drinks plus the usual popcorn
Friendly staff
Clean theatre

Reviewed April 23, 2014

This is hands down my favorite place to go to the movies, and I have maintained a yearly membership to the Tropic for several years now, as have many of my friends. It has an Art Deco decor inside with four individual theater rooms. They play a mix of current movie runs, recent releases and independent films. The snack bar is amazing with a selection of "regular" movie snacks, but also things like Brie and crackers, Hummus, excellent ice cream cups and an amazing wine selection. I was just there last week with a friend to see The Grand Budapest Hotel (excellent!). The theater rooms themselves are quiet and not too cold. A statue of Marilyn Monroe graces the sidewalk in front of the theater in her famous subway grate pose. I highly recommend the Tropic to anyone in the mood for a movie while in Key West!