“Superb experience of sightseeing, snorkeling and beach combing on a sparkling boat skippered by a friendly and skilled captain--”
Review of Zia Charters

Zia Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a private, custom and casual charter company based here in Key West. We offer fishing, snorkeling, responsible dolphin watching, sandbar hopping, sunset cruises, film and water production and more! Our 26 foot Angler PANGA was carefully chosen for our unique Key's water experiences. We can easily travel into the shallow protected waters of the Gulf side mangrove islands and flats to the North. We can also comfortably cruise the open waters, reefs, and shipwrecks of the Caribbean to the South. We have spent the last 10 years exploring these amazing waters and look forward to sharing this experience with you. Every charter is unique- call now to create yours!
Reviewed September 3, 2012

The four of us stepped aboard the cleanest boat in Key West to an awaiting captain--Jeremy. His friendly disposition and professionalism let us relax to enjoy our day. The boat ride was thrilling, comfortable and amazingly quiet too. We stopped to snorkel in about 7 feet of water and enjoyed the teeming sea life of sponges, fish and playful lobsters--a first for all of us. Next we cruised to a wonderful beach and enjoyed the serenity of Paradise complete with rope swing and natures own "lazy river". Going with a pro assures success and captain Jeremy with Zia delivered for us. Our next trip to Key West will include another private charter aboard this boat.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

This summer we were in Key West for a few days and decided to book some time with Zia Charters on the recommendation of a friend. We weren't up for fishing this time around so we opted for a fun afternoon on the water. Our charter added memorable highlight to our trip.

We started off by touring the island from the water side which added a very nice perspective to Key West. Jeremy, the captain, punctuated points of interest and filled in lots of details about the town and surrounding area. Next we headed over to a nice area of coral for some snorkeling. It was a bit stormy out that day so the water visibility was a little low. However, we still managed to see a huge sting ray, a nurse shark and lots of fish. Zia Charters provided all of the snorkeling gear (which was in tip top shape) so that all we had to do was put it on and dive in. It made for great relaxation and scenery.

After snorkeling we dropped by to do a little dolphin watching on our way over to hanging out on a secluded sandbar. The sandbar was located within sight of the island but just barely. Jeremy pulled the boat up, threw anchor and we were walking in about a foot of water in the middle of the ocean! This was a great place to hang out, drink a few and do a little swimming.

As I mentioned previously there were some storms in the area on the day we went out. Jeremy did a masterful job of navigating us away from them. His attention to detail and the safety of his clients is above reproach. You won't find anyone better in Key West than Jeremy and Zia Charters.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

I have been on three charters in Key West and I have to say this was the best. The captain was great. He completely tailored the trip to what my girlfriend and I were looking for. We started fishing on the reefs and caught yellow tail snapper which we later ate for dinner. We then moved further out and did some sight fishing. I caught a nice size Bonito and my girlfriend caught a mackerel. These fish came in handy later. We finished the day doing some shark fishing. I caught a really nice size nurse shark. Jeremey Hackworth who was the captain was fantastic. He was so accommodating. Over all it was a great day. It will be nice for me to no longer have to look around for a charter when I come to Key West.

2  Thank Jeff V
Reviewed April 27, 2012

We had a great morning fishing off the coast of Key West with Jeremy Hackworth. We met him at the marina and spent four hours fishing. Pros: nice boat with some shade, VERY safety conscious, very responsive to baiting hooks and helping my sons (9 and 12 years old), lots of knowledge about the plants, animals and fish we encountered. Cons: only that the trip was too short.

We will definitely fish with Zia Charters again and highly recommend it to families visiting Key West. Jeremy is a kind, safe and knowledgeable guide and also very easy to work with!

1  Thank Susie C
Reviewed March 2, 2012

Zia Charters is a stand out. What makes them stand out? The boat is new and meticulously maintained. Captain Jeremy knows the waters, and he has a genuine dedication to giving you the experience you are looking for. We had friends in town and opted for chilling in the water with cocktails. He brought us to a secluded sandbar that was postcard perfect then to some nice rock formations for a little snorkeling with a lot of fish. It was a perfectly relaxing day, and judging by the fish they caught on the charter before ours, he knows the waters for that too. I'm a big fan of attention to detail and that is something Zia delivers flawlessly. I recommend them with confidence.

1  Thank DLS4