“Your Home Away From Home With A New Family”

Southernmost Point Guest House
Ranked #30 of 77 Key West B&B and Inns
manchester, ga
Reviewed August 31, 2004

One year ago we said we will come back. We stayed 5 nights this year just after Charlie brushed the island. The smpgh was clean the trees were dropping leaves which were cleaned up hourly. The hospitality was super Mona and her staff are wonderful. The first night the airconditioner didn't cool the room enough for my wife. At breakfast we told Mona when we returned later in the day there was a new airconditioner running, the room was cool and comfordable. Needless to say we will go back again. I hope any reviews about the Southern Most Motel across the street don't get mixed up with the Southern Most Point Guest House. THERE IN NO COMPAIRSON!!!!!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Bradenton, FL
Reviewed July 20, 2004

As a teacher I live for my summer vacation. The Southernmost Point Guesthouse provided me with one of the most relaxing vacations I have had in a long time. This was my first time in a B&B and it went beyond my dreams. I loved spending many hours in the patio area relaxing with a book, with bunnies hopping around playfully and their cat Boo-Boo curled up in my lap. Mona and her family and staff see to all of your needs. She is a very down to earth person who puts you at ease from the very beginning of your stay. Small touches such as dolls or bears in your room, fresh flowers and baskets of books for your reading pleasure add to the charm. My husband and I have found a place (home) to come back to each year. I have recommended it to all of my colleagues.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 18, 2004

We were rather disappointed with this guest house. Having stayed at many B&B's, Inns and Guest Houses over the years I have come to expect a certain quality in accomodations. Saying that . . . the Southernmost Point Guest House is sort of like staying at a run down motel.

Our room was above what seemed to be a garage. We were on one half of the second floor and the other side was also occupied. Our "neighbor" had a tendancy to play loud music had had a rather large dog that kept barking one night. We tried to contact the front desk about it but no one answered and when we went down there there was no one to be seen -- so much for customer service.

Breakfast was a total disappointment -- needless to say, we went out for breakfast each morning after the first morning there. (Note: there are many great places for breakfast in Key West -- try Blue Heaven for a great atmosphere and wonderful breakfast.)

Our room was pretty run down and dated, not like the web site would have you think. There was a small sink and a stove top which look like they came out of the 1950's. The bathroom could have definitely used some updating -- kind of made me think I was using a restroom in a McDonalds or a gas station.

We plan on visiting Key West again in the future, but don't plan on returing to this establishment. It definitely was not what we were expecting.

3  Thank debcav
Reviewed July 11, 2004

Myself, hubby and 2 friends spent 2 nights at the Southernmost Point Guesthouse June 21st and 22nd of this year. The 4 of us shared a standard room (4B on the 2nd story overlooking the pool and butterfly conservatory) and were very pleased with our choice and price of our room. The room had a sofa, blow dryer, coffee maker, frig. and was spacious enough for 4 adults. The room was was decorated extra nice with very comfortable beds and
bedding. The continental breakfast was very good and presented nicely. I loved having a "house cat" who was very friendly and also the 2 mama rabbits along with their 3 babies. We did have wine in our room but red wine is just not my drink of choice but it was a nice touch. I only wish the pool had been a little cooler. It was abit of a walk to Mallory Square but there was lots of things to look at along the way. I definately give the Southermost Point Guesthouse a thumbs up.

• Stayed: June 2004
Southampton, UK
Reviewed June 9, 2004

I stayed here in May 04 for 3 nights because The Angelina (where I usually stay) was booked. Good choice. The location was lovely, right near the beaches and the Southernmost point at the end of Duval Street. It was peaceful and relaxing and well away from the noise from the bars near Mallory square. The room was lovely with a sofa, soooo comfortable beds with drapes and wine in the room every night. The jacuzzi pool is not as big as I assumed (I prefer a pool sized pool, not oversized jacuzzi) but it was perfect to sit in during the evening with your wine and chat to other guests. The wide balconies and swing seats dotted around the place made kicking back and relaxing truly a pleasure. Off street parking was very useful too (parking a nightmare elsewhere). Highly recommended and would stay again (if the Angelina is full)

Reviewed June 5, 2004