“Nice Art” 5 of 5 bubbles

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Nice Art”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

I enjoyed visiting this gallery. The people were friendly and very knowledgeable. I am thinking of purchasing a painting. Will visit again.

Visited August 2012

43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Recent Sculpture Purchase”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

We recently visited the gallery in Key West and saw some David Wight sculptures. We then visited their gallery closer to our home at Put in Bay, OH (I learned the same family owns both). The PIB gallery was very well done and an excellent adaptation of an older building. The displays were awesome! The staff couldn't have been friendlier or more helpful, the artist was great to chat with, and the service after the sale was outstanding. We will definitely visit them on future trips to the island (or the Keys for that matter) and we will have more of their great items in our home and businesses!

Visited July 2012
Marathon, Florida
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

Truly amazing works of art. Dreamscape mentality where you feel like your seeing it live. A must see when you are walking around on Duval street. There are two galleries that feature this great artist. It is FREE to see.

Visited July 2012
Dunnellon, Florida
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Too Bad”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2012

Wyland Gallery is awesome to see. Beautiful art.
Here is my experience this time.
This was my sixth visit to Key West. It has been 10 years and I was really looking forward to seeing the Wyland Gallery and having my friends, one who was celebrating her 60th birthday, experience the gallery. It was their first visit to Key West and to a Wyland Gallery. The "birthday girl" was in the market for a wonderful piece of art to remind her of her visit and as a birthday present to herself - she purchased a piece but not from Wyland Gallery.
We went to the gallery at 623 Duvall Street first and asked to view a couple of paintings in the "dark room" I was so excited but then the bomb dropped on us, TAMBERLY, our sales rep- Tamberly did not show interest in us. Maybe we looked like we couldn 't afford a piece of art - she stated "I can show you if you are in the market for purchasing" - WOW, this was amazing to me since they had no one in the gallery and many people purchase art when they are not 'in the market' but are totally blown away by a piece that they see and must have. Tamberly really should check her attitude. You never know who may buy. It is always best practice, especially in sales, to treat everyone as a client and make their experience a wonderful one! It is all about the client -right Tamberly?
SO, the reason for my VERY GOOD review instead of terrible, number one, the art is awesome. Wyland is awesome. Number two, I visited the Wyland Gallery at 102 Duval Street (My friends didn't want to go in unfortunately) and met the sales representative, Larry. Larry was super informative - told me about artists - and this is after I told him I was just looking and not in the market to buy - He said it didn't matter, he wanted to tell me a few things if that was ok with me. I wish we had stepped into this gallery first and met Larry. Larry was awesome. Wyland needs more Larrys and less of Tamberlys!

Visited May 2012
4 Thank BThankful
Gatineau, Canada
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Wyland the marine mammals & seascapes artist... par excellence”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2012

As artists we visited the two Wyland Galleries on Duval Street in Key West - one is located way out West at 623 Duval and the other is way out East at 102 Duval, same side as the Southernmost Point. Both Wyland galleries are exceptionnal and the viewing is worth the visit especially or even if you're an amateur naturalist or wildlife & marine painter or just an art lover. Both gallery ceilings on Duval have been painted by the artist Wyland himself and give you the impression you are in a deep-sea situation as a diver yourself and looking up either at whales or sharks swimming right above you! Based on my experience, most of the Wyland paintings displayed were huge, some about 8' x 4', the framing is outstanding and some selling, at the time, as high as $75,000US - some even more. Some of the whales, dolphins, manatees and other sea creatures on canvas are reproduced in bronze maybe 1/4 size or 1/2 size in some cases; one floor display had three life-like dolphins, in a circle, jumping out of the water serving as a support for a glass-top table approx. 6' in diameter - high price tag . Don't forget that Wyland is an international artist, a wildlife painter, a deep-sea diver and sculptor and his art is in high demand throughout the world by collectors, politicians, heads of states, film and movie stars or by just wildlife art lovers. When we were in Key West, we were not allowed to take pictures inside the gallery except for taking a picture of a huge Wyland poster that was hanging near the entrance - a permission we got after asking. Also at the time there was a visiting artist at the 623 Duval St. Wyland Gallery who was performing for visitors; people were free to ask him questions on his art or techniques. If you travel around The Keys look for some of Wyland's life-size wall paintings - they are worth the stop and taking out your camera! Definitely worth the visit!
You can check Wyland's Art Studio web site: www.wylandsartstudio.com