We stayed here 4 nights and picked it, well to be honest it was the only place last minute in our price range as we changed or travel plans 2 days before heading out. When we checked in I requested a coffee maker as I like to roll out of bed to a cup of coffee. Especially when I am on vacation. I was told she would look into it. Never heard back. They could Charge a deposit for things like coffee makers and blow dryers so that they don't get stolen. But they should at least have some on hand for those who want them. Rooms are clean, but there is NO PLACE to put ANYTHING. No closet!! and only 2 hooks to close together on the wall for hanging clothes and holds like 4 hangers. No towel racks, no vanity for toiletries, back of commode is tiny and has button on top to flush so you can't set anything on that either. We had to put almost ALL of our stuff on the floor of the bathroom or shower. The "Dresser" only held half of my clothes and my blow dryer/toiletries etc. My boyfriend had to leave his clothes in the suit case all week. Both doors had no weather striping, so AC leaked terribly and the very bright hallway lights shined in our eyes all night. Grounds are very nice and it is in the perfect area for dining, renting bikes, Duval street etc. But if they would take a little money and add few storage options (shelves, towel racks, medicine cabinet etc.) my score would be easy a 4.5. Would not recommend for anyone with high expectations of a comfortable stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Historic architecture with updated, modern rooms and amenities are what you will enjoy at our Chelsea House Hotel located two blocks from Duval Street, making for a leisurely walk to Key West restaurants, nightlife, and attractions. Our stylish, boutique hotel has 48 guest rooms located within three former historic estate properties, two in the Victorian, Queen Anne architectural style; the Peter H. Hanlon house, built in 1905, and the George L. Lowe house erected in 1891. They stand on an acre of tropical gardens which includes a large, heated pool and many comfortable lounging areas. A third former estate property, the Maloney House, was built in 1884. Whether you seek sun, solitude, or a gathering spot for friends, Chelsea House Hotel offers a perfect spot for your next Key West vacation. Continental breakfast is included with all guest stays. Guest parking is available on-site. Historic architecture & modern rooms. Free continental breakfast. Free internet. Upscale eco-friendly bathroom amenities. Large pool. Boutique hotel. Walk to Duval Street and the waterfront. Located in the heart of Old Town, Key West. Charming and romantic, where modern style & comfort meets relaxed Key West vibe at the Chelsea House Hotel. Self parking onsite for 10 USD/day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity and Booking.com so you can book your Chelsea House Hotel in Key West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chelsea House Pool And Gardens
- Chelsea House Pool & Gardens Hotel Key West