We stopped by here as we needed somewhere to stay quickly as we had a trip booked. So we negotiated and they dropped the price by $20. The lady showed us the room first which was on the nicer side of basic. VERY clean and air con. I must say upon arrival the staff were extremley friendly.
- Very clean and tidy room
- Free parking even for3-4 hours after you check out
-Very friendly staff (at first)
- WE WERE TOLD free in room wifi
- WE WERE TOLD our stay included full hot breakfast
- The air con was extremely noisy
- No wifi in the room. We were told the wifi was in the room but a stronger signal in the porch. We couldnt get wifi at either. Once we checked out another member of staff told us we shouldn't have been sold wifi as you can only get this by the pool or reception. We weren't given any compensation for this. The lady who originally checked us in was there but literally hid as we were asking for some kind of a refund
- There was no hot breakfast just a few sorry muffins and a yoghurt. I bit into a lovely chocolate croissant (pan au chocolate) just to find out it was filled with PESTO! horrible! I have never heard of this before
- We stayed on ground floor which was extremely noisy from the room above. They weren't being out of order but just by walking around created really loud banging, especially up and down the stairs (I am not a light sleeper either)
- Bed sheets weren't very good quality very scratchy (and I've done a lot of travelling around hostels etc so for me to mention this, it must be bad)
So to wrap up a convenient stay but I would pay $20-$40 more and stay in a nicer hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Historic architecture with updated, modern rooms and amenities are what you will enjoy at our Chelsea House Hotel located two blocks from Duval Street, making for a leisurely walk to Key West restaurants, nightlife, and attractions. Our stylish, boutique hotel has 48 guest rooms located within three former historic estate properties, two in the Victorian, Queen Anne architectural style; the Peter H. Hanlon house, built in 1905, and the George L. Lowe house erected in 1891. They stand on an acre of tropical gardens which includes a large, heated pool and many comfortable lounging areas. A third former estate property, the Maloney House, was built in 1884. Whether you seek sun, solitude, or a gathering spot for friends, Chelsea House Hotel offers a perfect spot for your next Key West vacation. Continental breakfast is included with all guest stays. Guest parking is available on-site. Historic architecture & modern rooms. Free continental breakfast. Free internet. Upscale eco-friendly bathroom amenities. Large pool. Boutique hotel. Walk to Duval Street and the waterfront. Located in the heart of Old Town, Key West. Charming and romantic, where modern style & comfort meets relaxed Key West vibe at the Chelsea House Hotel. Self parking onsite for 10 USD/day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotels.com and Cancelon so you can book your Chelsea House Hotel in Key West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chelsea House Pool & Gardens Hotel Key West
- Chelsea House Pool And Gardens