We couldn't be more happy with this place after our dreadful Miami Beach hotel. Charming in every sense of the word.
* Super cute and historic!
* Free wifi, although spotty and slow
* Free breakfast
* Spacious bedroom
* Cable TV
* Awesome location...we walked everywhere
* Porch connecting to room
* Price was a bit much, 200+..but I guess that's Key West for you. All in all, a good spend.
* Bathroom was a little small. Ok, really small. No place to hang towels.
* A/C unit was right over bed and LOUD. Hard to watch TV or sleep with it on, too hot with it off.
* Pool was a little small...but was fine since nobody was really using it ever.
* Internet as I said was spotty and slow. Had to be in right position in room to be able to do anything (really!)
* Not really the hotel's fault, but smoke alarm went off randomly and fire department had to come and make sure we weren't smoking or anything in there. Annoying is all..could have done without that, but not really the fault of the hotel.
* Again, not really the hotel's fault, but it was mostly people I'd guess aged 45+. It was nice to have the quiet, but at the same time a little strange seeing nothing but elderly. Some younger people cam near the end of our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Historic architecture with updated, modern rooms and amenities are what you will enjoy at our Chelsea House Hotel located two blocks from Duval Street, making for a leisurely walk to Key West restaurants, nightlife, and attractions. Our stylish, boutique hotel has 48 guest rooms located within three former historic estate properties, two in the Victorian, Queen Anne architectural style; the Peter H. Hanlon house, built in 1905, and the George L. Lowe house erected in 1891. They stand on an acre of tropical gardens which includes a large, heated pool and many comfortable lounging areas. A third former estate property, the Maloney House, was built in 1884. Whether you seek sun, solitude, or a gathering spot for friends, Chelsea House Hotel offers a perfect spot for your next Key West vacation. Continental breakfast is included with all guest stays. Guest parking is available on-site. Historic architecture & modern rooms. Free continental breakfast. Free internet. Upscale eco-friendly bathroom amenities. Large pool. Boutique hotel. Walk to Duval Street and the waterfront. Located in the heart of Old Town, Key West. Charming and romantic, where modern style & comfort meets relaxed Key West vibe at the Chelsea House Hotel. Self parking onsite for 10 USD/day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your Chelsea House Hotel in Key West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chelsea House Pool And Gardens
- Chelsea House Pool & Gardens Hotel Key West