My wife and I have stayed at the Chelsea over the years for periods of one, two and three days at a time as I recall. It is nicely located and the staff is simply excellent, but this is not what this review is about. The place is showing it age and needs serious upgrading, by the way, which I was told by staff is now underway. Our recent stay we could not use the shower. The staff happily moved us to another room at the same rate which was a much better room with a nice large shower. The breakfast is also outdated and is not up and ready until 8 AM. This is sort'a ridiculous. Several guests, including my wife and I, paced around waiting for the food and coffee to be ready since we arise much earlier no matter how late we stay out. We really want our coffee earlier than 8AM. That said, the quality of the breakfast food situation begins with those little bagels that are bagels in name only. They are simply terrible. They look like little donougts, only plain as plain can be. The orange juice is iced and so becomes watery. The muffins are quite small and at best are only in the fair category ranging from bad to excellent. The coffee and teas are nice as is the staff manning the breakfast area. The fresh fruit choice was quite simple .... apples and a few oranges and that was it. The toaster seemed out of repair but did warm up whatever was put in it. There in no sausage, bacon, eggs and there are some cereal choices. Overall I doubt we stay there anymore which is sad, but if they get it brought up to modern day standards we will go back. We walk to Hemingway Home and a lot of other locations on Duval St. The parking is good and pool is fine and the TV's are fine, but otherwise my wife and I hope they get fixed up soon so we will have the confidence to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Historic architecture with updated, modern rooms and amenities are what you will enjoy at our Chelsea House Hotel located two blocks from Duval Street, making for a leisurely walk to Key West restaurants, nightlife, and attractions. Our stylish, boutique hotel has 48 guest rooms located within three former historic estate properties, two in the Victorian, Queen Anne architectural style; the Peter H. Hanlon house, built in 1905, and the George L. Lowe house erected in 1891. They stand on an acre of tropical gardens which includes a large, heated pool and many comfortable lounging areas. A third former estate property, the Maloney House, was built in 1884. Whether you seek sun, solitude, or a gathering spot for friends, Chelsea House Hotel offers a perfect spot for your next Key West vacation. Continental breakfast is included with all guest stays. Guest parking is available on-site. Historic architecture & modern rooms. Free continental breakfast. Free internet. Upscale eco-friendly bathroom amenities. Large pool. Boutique hotel. Walk to Duval Street and the waterfront. Located in the heart of Old Town, Key West. Charming and romantic, where modern style & comfort meets relaxed Key West vibe at the Chelsea House Hotel. Self parking onsite for 10 USD/day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon and Agoda so you can book your Chelsea House Hotel in Key West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chelsea House Pool And Gardens
- Chelsea House Pool & Gardens Hotel Key West