One must remember that The Chelsea House is old. There are much needed repairs to the buildings, but nothing was noted that interferred with our creature comforts. The continental breakfast was not quite a full continent and could never be ready 1 minute before 8:00 a.m. no matter what the circumstances. The grounds are very beautiful with lots of trees and plants that would sudder at the thought of moving "up north." Room servicing was very slow (4:00 p.m.) everyday and the floors still needed sweeping (all hardwood or tile). The private porch was a wonderful escape from the traffic noise. Our "suite" was large and comfortable. The bed was not the best, but we did sleep well. The television needs help--would turn off at the slightest jar. The kitchen was a nice touch but needed additional items if cooking was desirable. The full size refrigerator was a plus. Was within comfortable walking distance to Duval Street and the bay side restaurants. Staff were very pleasant and helpful. We were even offered a place to freshen up on day of departure due to a late flight and check-out was 11:00 a.m.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Historic architecture with updated, modern rooms and amenities are what you will enjoy at our Chelsea House Hotel located two blocks from Duval Street, making for a leisurely walk to Key West restaurants, nightlife, and attractions. Our stylish, boutique hotel has 48 guest rooms located within three former historic estate properties, two in the Victorian, Queen Anne architectural style; the Peter H. Hanlon house, built in 1905, and the George L. Lowe house erected in 1891. They stand on an acre of tropical gardens which includes a large, heated pool and many comfortable lounging areas. A third former estate property, the Maloney House, was built in 1884. Whether you seek sun, solitude, or a gathering spot for friends, Chelsea House Hotel offers a perfect spot for your next Key West vacation. Continental breakfast is included with all guest stays. Guest parking is available on-site. Historic architecture & modern rooms. Free continental breakfast. Free internet. Upscale eco-friendly bathroom amenities. Large pool. Boutique hotel. Walk to Duval Street and the waterfront. Located in the heart of Old Town, Key West. Charming and romantic, where modern style & comfort meets relaxed Key West vibe at the Chelsea House Hotel. Self parking onsite for 10 USD/day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline and Cancelon so you can book your Chelsea House Hotel in Key West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chelsea House Pool & Gardens Hotel Key West
- Chelsea House Pool And Gardens