“Gem hidden in plain sight!”
Review of Nailtini Day Spa

Nailtini Day Spa
Ranked #6 of 42 Spas & Wellness in Key West
More attraction details
Owner description: We look forward to welcoming you with a complimentary "Martini" while our skilled professionals pamper you in a relaxing environment! Our services include our Signature Nailtini spa manicures and spa pedicures, CND Shellac, acrylic, facials, waxing, massage, and acupuncture.
Reviewed December 30, 2012

A "Local" friend of mine told me of this day spa/salon so when I and my family came down for the Holidays, I went online to book mani/pedi appts for 3 of us. Let me preface my review by saying this was one of the MOST fun, relaxing and delightful nail spa experiences I've had - and I've had a range of them, in country and out. Here is my experience in detail...

I phoned the salon on Dec 28 but my call went to voicemail so I left a message stating my purpose and asking for a call back. Knowing the week between Christmas and New Year's is beyond busy for this type of service, I wasn't surprised when after an hour or so I did not receive a return call. No worries! NAILTINI has online appt booking. So began a rather arduous process of setting up the appts : mani/pedi for two and a mani only for one.

I could not make appts for all 3 of us at once...I ended up needing to set up a user account for each one of us and book separately. Once I figured that out, no big deal, just a little time consuming. I was fortunate to find three, 3:30 appts with 3 of the 4 techs working on Dec 29! It was meant to be :). Within an hour of booking online, we each received conformation emails requiring us to "click confirm", which we did and we were all set.

Parking in Key West is horrific at best. The occasional visitor must be on guard for the restricted, "Resident Only" parking spaces, the relatively new "pay to park in this block" parking stations, the parking meters giving you 2 minutes for a nickel, 3 minutes for a dime and 5 min for a quarter. Or you could park in one of the ever popular parking lots for $20 and up. There are municipal parking garages that are more reasonable and are not too far off Duval. I suggest driving into town, if you're not staying there already, and scoping out a good parking location before your appointment. And take into account the arrival of cruise ships - while the passengers visiting Key West might not be driving cars, they are most assuredly renting motor scooters and small golf cart type vehicles that are taking up available parking. But I digress, this is a review of NAILTINI...

Having found parking within a block's walk of the salon, we arrived about 5 min early for our appointments. The exterior of NAILTINI is a very tidy, well-kept "cottage-like" structure...very clean. Upon entering, I was greeted by a modern, tastefully decorated, bustling salon. The first thing I noted was the lack of "nail salon" smell...that's right... No fumes! Someone had the forethought to strategically place small, unobtrusive exhaust fans on the perimeter of the nail tech area to draw the fumes from the interior of the salon. Great idea!

While the interior space is rather tight - there are 4 nail station, and 3 pedicure chairs, a private massage room, powder room & reception desk - it is pleasantly appointed and welcoming. There is a small tufted, leather bench just inside the door for guests and if this is occupied, there are a few chairs on the front porch where one could people watch while sipping a cocktail, waiting for your appt. oh, cocktails! How could I have forgotten :). After checking in, we were offered our choice of martini (appletini, Cosmo, lemon drop), white wine, red wine, mimosa, champagne. Patrons of legal age are limited to 2 complimentary cocktails per visit. We opted for lemon drops & Cosmo and were surprised - they were pretty good :)

Our appts were scheduled with Theresa, Daisha and Melissa. There were several clients already in place when we arrived, but in a very short time we were seated and being taken care of by our respective techs. All three techs were friendly, very professional and skilled. We all had a good time chatting, laughing and sipping. We were on our way to new adventures by 5:30.

So to wrap up, NAILTINI is a wonderful little gem hidden in plain sight on Duval Street. It's a quiet little sanctuary amidst the craziness that is Key West. Prices were consistent with services received in other areas ($40 no-chip/shellac mani; $50 spa pedicure with a foot masque - delightful!). I cannot wait to go back and I will certainly make this a "must do" activity when friends come to visit this winter!

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Loved it ! Best pedicure ever !!! Made our appointment and were prompt and courteous . Jackie was awesome and was the best pedicure I ever had !!!

Reviewed December 19, 2012

My husband and I went to Nailtini for a manicure and pedicure. The salon is very clean, organized and everyone is very friendly. As a side bonus, you are offered a variety of drinks, from martinis, mimosas, cosmos, OJ or water. Jackie and Sonya did our services and did a great job that was not rushed and was very thorough. I would not hesitate to recommend this place and will return again
The only complaint I can think of is that they don't have a Nailtini in Indianapolis!!!

Reviewed December 18, 2012

I went there this past weekend to get shellac done on my nails. Everyone was so friendly and I enjoyed my entire experience there. Melissa was friendly and professional. The salon is very clean, which is something I look at first. I definitely enjoyed my mimosa as well!!!

Reviewed December 15, 2012

I picked this salon out of the yellow pages. it was clean, friendly, and priced appropriately. Having mimosas served during my stay was a wonderful bonus. My manicurest was talented and well worth it. She performed well above my expectations. I would highly recommend this salon.