“Very unhappy with 2 night stay”
Review of Courtney's Place

Courtney's Place
Ranked #38 of 77 Key West B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 23, 2007

We stayed in R11 for two nights at the beginning of August...this room was awful. At first glance, it seemed ok, but upon closed inspection--UGH. The bed linens were so knotty and worn they felt like flannel sheets, only worse. The air conditioner DID NOT make the room cool, or even bearable. The bathroom had no ventilation, and the toilet rarely flushed properly, even when tissue was not placed in it. The floor was covered in what appeared to be burn marks from the iron. You could not see out of any of the windows except for the french doors, which were the entrance to the room. The free continental breakfast was all prepackaged plastic food that was tasteless. The pool is laughably small and appeared murky and green. This was an extremely unpleasant and uncomfortable experience and we do NOT recommend this place for accomodations, especially for the price. Try Heron House for a much more enjoyable experience.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank amycjes
There are newer reviews for Courtney's Place

Reviewed July 11, 2007

We stayed at Courtney's place at the end of June 2007. We only stayed for a few days but enjoyed the cottage. It was dark and only had 1 bathroom but other than that, it was nice. There were TVs in both bedrooms and the living room. The pool is very small but nice to take a dip in after a hot day in Key West.

Stayed: June 2007
Reviewed July 8, 2007

My wife and I had cottage #9 and truly enjoyed our stay. The room was clean and came with an attached patio with fridge, coffee grinder/maker, and blender. Courtney's Inn made us feel welcome and we felt like being at home. The pool was relaxing, the breakfast delicious, and the location perfect!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank cowlumbus
Reviewed June 15, 2007

My husband and I stayed for a week in cottage # 17. This was not my first visit at Courtney's Place. I stayed in cottage #1 a few years ago...thus my disappointment.

The cottage had three televisions...but no remote control in the second bedroom, and the other two had no batteries. The linens were so thin and worn you could practically see thru them. The pillows needed replaced along with the comforters. The front porch was filthy along with the plastic chairs and table.

The day before we arrived a storm went thru so the pool was murky but we were assured by 'Nikki" that the pool man would be coming that day. This was on Monday. When we left on Friday he had still not come and the pool was disgusting.

I booked with Courtney's a second time because my first experience was so wonderful but it's obvious to me they have let the property slide.

In an effort to let the management know of my problems I e-mailed the concerns I had so maybe corrections could be made....with no response whatsoever.

My husband and I travel often and prefer to stay in cottages and out of the way places, but cleanliness and keeping linens and the inside appliances in good working order is essential.

We will return to Key West again but sadly we will find other accommodations.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Katf915
Reviewed May 30, 2007

My husband and I had two kids graduate from college this summer, so we thought a vacation to Florida would be a nice. On our last 2 nights we (6 adults) went to Key West. We stayed at Courtney's Place C4.

Location was great, it was centrally located. The unit was not large, but then we weren't in Key West to spend the days in the room. When all 6 people were there we had plenty of move around with the exception of the bathroom(only one). This unit had a front porch and back deck at the pool.

The continental breakfast was exactly that, and there was a sufficent amount available. This was located in the office area near the pool. As having to walk down the alley, it wouldn't have been very far distance.

Our unit was clean and cleaning people stopped by to see if we needed any extra towels or sheets. We had no problems with the sheets coming off the beds. A little short on eating utensils
and glasses, if you are not one to eat every meal out. I stopped by the Circle K in town to pick up some air freshner, because this cottage is old and had a musty smell when the AC ran.

The office staff was very friendly, helped me with airport check-in.
We received our AAA discount on a holiday weekend. No problem with parking, since the lot was almost empty when we checked in.

We'd stay at this place again as long as we didn't have small children with us. There really is no play area and the pool is very small, but then the cats could keep them busy.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank bmwebs
Reviewed May 21, 2007

My wife and I have stayed at Courtney's place several times in the last 10 years. We love it and are going back again in this summer. If you are looking for a 5 star resort this place is not for you. If you are looking for a very nice place to go and relax then you will be fine. The staff has allways been very helpful in helping get us booked on the right tour or cruise, normally at a discount. They are a few blocks off of Duvall which is nice for when you do finally want to sleep. They make us feel at home every time we go there. I can't imagine staying anywhere else.

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled with family
3  Thank Boz88
Reviewed April 20, 2007

I stayed in one of the efficiencies and will be going back again this year. I've stayed at several other guest houses in Key West and so far this is the best as far as accomodations, location, convenience, ambiance, etc.

It's located on a quiet lane yet just a few minutes walk to anywhere in 'downtown' Key West. Duval St. is just a block and a half away. There's a supermarket within walking distance. I didn't have a car for the first time, and didn't need one. I went all over old town on foot and love it. I had no need for a car or public transportation.

I loved the breakfasts. There was a good variety of food and with a fridge in my room I could take back food for later meals so I didn't have to eat out every meal.

I am a 62 year old woman, travelling alone. I fell in love with Key West several years ago and intend to visit every year. It's my idea of paradise without having to leave the US. And I think Courney's adds to that feeling.

5  Thank AliceJane11209