“Good, but small.”

Kojin
Ranked #212 of 443 Restaurants in Key West
Cuisines: Japanese, Asian, Korean
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Johnson City, TN
“Good, but small.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

Had this on the "potential" list to eat at. Wre walking around old town thinking of where to have lunch and a guy on the street asked if we were lost (nice)...we said we were trying to figure out where to go and he said this place. We went and it was good. For lunch a half portion is plenty. I had the dragon and it was good. Loved the broth and veggies. Would go back.

Visited January 2013

“Good Service, Laughable Prices, Bland Westernized Asian Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

I'm from the west coast where we benefit from an abundance of authentic, high quality and fairly inexpensive Asian cuisine. I've also worked and lived in SE Asia and had my fill of Cambodian, Thai, Vietnamese and Korea food.

Take peasant foods + silly use of expensive meats that really shouldn't be cut up anyway + charge unsuspecting southerners 4x more than they should be = Kojin.

Very polite and attentive staff. That's about the only good thing I can say. Everything else about this place I just kind of laughed at. I even told friends back home about and they agreed there would be protests if anyone saw a $20 bowl of pho being sold. It wasn't even good pho.

You're in Key West. If you want a taste of Asia, travel to the west coast. Don't waste your money at this place.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank chasling
Key West, Florida
“Large portions, very tasty, filling and great service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

A friend suggested we try Kojin for lunch and we were very happy. It's extremely small, so we sat at the bar for service. The menu is simple, very easy to understand and almost everything is made right in front of you.

Our server suggested half portions (which were still quite large!) and we each tried a different dish. Pork, chicken, vegetarian and seafood. They were ALL delicious! It was prepared quickly and made with high quality ingredients. Overall we had a really nice experience.

We have two wishes. We wish they were larger to accommodate parties, but if they keep up their level of service and quality they'll get that soon enough. Our second wish is that they delivered. Their food is so good, it would be nice to get it delivered when we want to be lazy.

• Visited January 2013
Key West, Florida, United States
“Left me craving MORE!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

Kojin is a lovely small restaurant ...but NEVER judge a restaurant by it's size. This place makes up for ANY size issues with it's lovely menu of food & sake. The food is light, creative, authentic, beautiful, and yes, SATISFYING (whether a "foodie" or someone just looking for good eats.) My husband & I have been back many times. We have plenty of favorites on the menu, but two top our list: pork buns & quail eggs are a must! As for sake, the only I had tried before Kojin was the variety that is heated & tastes like paint remover. You will find NONE of that low grade sake here. The sake ranges in flavor & complexity (much like that of wine.) The knowledgeable staff will assist with your choices (as they did me.) And they KNOW their stuff! It has opened a whole new world for me. Thank you, Kojin chefs & staff...you ARE rockstars!

• Visited September 2012
Haida Gwaii (Queen Charlotte Islands), Canada
“small and off the main drag....awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

Stopped in here after getting some tattys earlier in the evening. It was quiet when we came which was perfect....no rush. Chatted with the very nice girl that was one that night, she was fairly new to key west, so we had a great chat about everything,lol.
Ordered one of their salad dishes and one of their soups, in the small bowls,lol....not really that small. They have a great place not too big, just right. The can-o- fun was very tasty too!
Worth a visit if your bored with the average Duval crowd.
cheers!