“not impress”

Ranked #90 of 448 Restaurants in Key West
Cuisines: Street Food
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A beautiful brick courtyard and relaxed surroundings with bamboo and palm trees. Located in old town but it feels like miles away. Wifi available.
Kissimmee
“not impress”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

afte reading reviews on trip advisor we went to this restaurant but to my surprise it wasnt as good as others metioned. not bad but definetly not a 150 meal. I can eat better at home for a lot less

Visited May 2013

“It's all about the lobster mac n cheese!”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I am writing this review because TripAdvisor has been very helpful to me. The food, atmosphere, service and value here were right in my wheelhouse. My newlywed wife and I had the lobster mac n cheese and conch ceviche (sp?) appetizers and split the jerk chicken entree salad and shared a bottle of pinot grigio. It was all fantastic and next time we will not SHARE the lobster mac n cheese! It is so good that you will not want to give away a single bite!

Hove, United Kingdom
“A real hidden gem!”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Tucked away just around the corner from busy Duvall street, this place was a great find. Peaceful outdoor seating, and the food was great. Had loin of pork, and my partner had ribs. Food was cooked beautifully, and we were really pleased to hear that the kitchen doesn't have a fryer, so not a french fry in sight! :)

Visited May 2013
Omaha, Nebraska
“Get off Duvall”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We were looking for a place not on Duvall and not so touristy. We loved the atmosphere, outside patio, shady, and quiet. The menu does not have a large selection, but we did not find it to be a problem. My wife ordered the white sangria which she thought was perfect. We had the ceviche conch for the appetizer, never had anything like it before and it was delicious. Main dishes we ordered were Ahi tuna and lobster- you got a small amount of lobster, but the tuna was cooked perfectly. And the Red snapper and shrimp, both of our main dishes were delicious. The price seemed reasonable, we left with some food on our plates because we were so full. I think we would definitely come back if we are in the area again.

1 Thank ddacken
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Close To Perfect”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

This quiet little gem was a terrific stop for a later dinner. The setting is tranquil, located a block or so off Duval. It appears the restaurant seating is all outside, with the bar inside. They had a great band playing inside in the bar, but since the windows were all open, it could be enjoyed by the diners as well.
The wine list is not huge, but it has a nice variety and some outstanding selections -- most available by the glass.
I ordered the New Zealand mussels (a special for the night), and they came in a delicious wine-based broth, were perfectly cooked, large and flavorful. There was toasted bread for sopping up the broth, if you like (which, when it's this good, why not?). For dinner, it was the mahi mahi. It's a base menu item, and I can see why it would be a favorite. The mahi was perfectly cooked and seasoned, and was served with an extremely delicate beurre blanc, with some sizeable scallops and shitaki mushrooms. It was the best fish I've had in Key West so far.
So the atmosphere is wonderful, the wine list good, and the dinner fabulous? Why not perfect?
Unfortunately, the service I had left a lot to be desired. He was a nice guy -- just hardly what I call attentive. I sat about 20 minutes before he even greeted me. When I was ready for a second glass of wine, I seriously thought I'd have to go to the bar myself to get it, because while I'd told him I'd want another, I'd see him walk past me probably 6 times without asking if I was ready (with an empty glass sitting on the table and at one point me nearly waving my arms). The worst -- he didn't even bring me my check. He had the other server do it. Never asked how the meal was, never thanked me for visiting. Just disappeared.
I paid close attention -- and it was ONLY him that was the problem. The other server was doing a bang-up job with his tables. The other staff in the place were friendly and helpful. I just got saddled with one who either had something competing with his attention, or just didn't really get it.
So -- great food, great atmosphere, good wine, but unfortunately spotty service. But well worth a look if you want a great meal in Key West.

1 Thank lawdude65