“Best I've Had In Key West”
Review of Kaya Island Eats - CLOSED

Kaya Island Eats
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 23, 2014

Tonight was our last night in Key West! We've been here for a week now! We ate at a couple of restaurants while down here, but we truly saved the best resturaunt for last. It is one delicious resturaunt. I had the jerk portebello dish and it was the best thing I've had all week! Not only was the food good, but the service was amazing! They were very sweet and attentive to all out needs. I recommend this restaurant to anyone who visits key west! It's nice to get out of the busy part of key west and relax at a beautiful and wonderful resturaunt! OH! And did I mention they have a wonderful sea salt handscrub for sale, and you try it before you use it... Like I said! THE BEST IN KEYWEST! Make your way to mile marker 14 if you wanna try some good food!

4  Thank Elliemae1995

Reviewed May 21, 2014

This was our second time to eat at Kaya Island Eats and the food was good. The service was satisfactory and bordered on being disinterested. I mentioned to my wife that I thought we had some real good dinner rolls there the last time we were there but I couldn't recall what they wee and we were not offered any by our server. The dining experience was not as good as the first time we ate there and not particularly worth the drive.

1  Thank Larry S
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Our GPS sent us to 3100 US Hwy 1, which is a Shell gas station in Key West.
The restaurant is really 13 miles north, in Overseas Hwy 1!

But it was worth the trouble!

We started with a special appetizer of fried duck dumplings with hoisin sauce that was really delicious. The we had a grouper special with shaved almonds and double cooked mashed potatoes. Also, the Polynesian salad, both out of this world!

Our server, Tiffany, was very pleasant and helpful.

1  Thank cescolar
Reviewed May 17, 2014

We have eaten here many times and have found that the food and service are consistently top notch. My favorite is the conch steak....delicious! The prices are very reasonable and Scott, the owner, is a visible presence making sure everything is satisfactory.

2  Thank Ruth R
Reviewed May 7, 2014

This was worth the trip off the island of Key West. Our server Ashley was excellent, very friendly and attentive to our needs. The food was amazing, we were sharing off of each others plates. The Cuban pork was a little bland, but the other food made up for it. Prices were reasonable. The view is nice. The manager was walking around making sure everything was to our liking. Highly recommended!

1  Thank JenniferC1978