“best food ever!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Millbury, Massachusetts
“best food ever!”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We stopped at this place by good fortune, as we were very hungry and it looked like it had a nice view. Parked under the restaurant and really didn't expect much except a filling meal and nice view. This place totally exceeded expectations. The restaurant is airy and ocean themed, with a beautiful view from most of its tables. Huge fans and open air keep it comfortable. The staff is wonderfully attentive without being stifling. The food is amazing! My friend and i shared a tempting treat called Scott's tomato salad for an appetizer. I will not describe it and ruin the surprise, but it was an orgasm for your taste buds. Equally good and well-displayed were our entrees of Portobello mushroom and mahi. I wanted to lick my plate! This place was an unexpected jewel. Kudos to the chef and owner. (BTW, scrubbing salt in bathroom was icing on the cake)

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank hollyelle

Key West, Florida
“All Around Great”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

We are locals and this is one of our favorite places to dine. The view is absolutely gorgeous with open water views and there is even a pretty cool place below the restaurant where my kids can sit on a hammock and play corn hole. The food and service are both spectacular with my favorite being the Pacific Rim Tuna, although everything tastes fresh.
We go there both for lunch and dinner and with the wonderful view it is fancy enough for a date night.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Laura P
Cape Coral, Florida
“Best restaurant of our trip”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

My husband LOVED this place - after reading up on where to eat, I knew I wanted to come here for sure and glad we did! I got their mahi-mahi special for that day and he got their wings and conch chowder, which all were AMAZING. They have some skills in combining flavors and making it so delicious.

Highly recommended - and attaching a photo of my fave dessert in the keys - key lime pie!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Fntrvl
Cincinnati, Ohio
“The best meal I had in Key West.”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

My wife and I just returned from a wonderful 3-week vacation in Key West. On previous visits, we had never ventured farther than the Hogfish Bar & Grill on Stock Island, but because of the great reviews I saw on TripAdvisor, I felt we had to give Kaya a try. I was not disappointed. My first meal there was the best meal I ate during our whole stay in Key West. The meal I had started with conch ceviche, then grilled mahi-mahi with key lime aioli, and key lime pie for dessert. Excellent! We ate lunch there 3 or 4 times during our vacation, and once stopped-in just for dessert. We can't wait until our next visit. Scott is a gracious and accommodating host, and the wait staff is very friendly and proficient. Great food, great presentations, great ambiance, and great people. We've spread the word among our Conch friends.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Chris M
“Learn to run a high quality restaurant business by studying Scott run Kaya Island Eats.”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Had a late lunch at Kaya yesterday, first visit ever. Blown away by the inspired cooking. Chatted up owner (Scott) and mentioned I liked Wahoo but couldn't find any...so he invites us back for Wahoo (if he can find it) a day later. Who does this? An inspired owner, that's who. We didn't get Wahoo due to availability, but had some of the best Yellowfin Tuna ever. Conch seviche and steamed mussels: two outstanding appetizers all capped off with a flourless-polenta-chocolatety-thing. Great service, great service, great atmosphere on the water, and great service all around, particularly Oakley and Scott.
By Paul F. Nehlen III