“Wonderful sea view for sunsets, very good steak!”
Review of Kaya Island Eats - CLOSED

Kaya Island Eats
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We found Kaya to be wonderful food, very well run and convenient since we were staying out on Sugarloaf Key. My husband has eaten some very high end steaks in his time and this one made his top 5! We had a lovely view of the sunset, very good service, great experience. Only issue is I didn't have room for what looked like a wonderful dessert.

3  Thank Iced Coffee lover

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Was a little farther from Duval Street area than I thought. Would recommend dining on your way in. Had a really nice server and the food was very good. Really a neat place. Very casual and easygoing. Owner came by the table and was very nice. Great seafood. We got fish and it was cooked perfectly. Wine list was a little short but no complaints. Very pleasant experience.

1  Thank Flashstar
Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

As a local in the Florida Keys, I try to try everything. Kaya is phenomenal!!! The menu is completely different & awesome!!! The Tuna Poke appetizer is so good I could eat it everyday! The Macadamia Encrusted catch has always a delight! The ambience is relaxing & makes you feel like you are on an island!!! Highly Recommended!!!

1  Thank DebbieNovak
Reviewed January 18, 2013

After almost thirty years running a white table cloth restaurant that has been mentioned everywhere from the New York Times, Southern Living, Bon Appetite and Gourmet magazines, I consider myself a fair judge of restaurants. I had been in the Keys for a few days sampling everything from food stands like Garbo's Grill to highly recommended white table cloth fine dining, when I tried Kaya Island Eats for the first time. Along with my wife we were warmly welcomed and promptly seated. Service was prompt and friendly. Two appetizers and two entrees later, Kaya Island Eats had made a couple more loyal customers. The attention to detail and the care taken in preparation was evident from the first bite. I can't wait to bring my friends, who will be joining us in a few days, to sample this wonderful establishment. From San Francisco to New Orleans to Hawaiis finest restaurants, we now have another restaurant to add to our list of memorable meals.

4  Thank pasta888
Reviewed January 17, 2013

The one thing that comes to mind when I think about Kaya is CONSISTENT - consistently good. I have already been a couple of times this year and, like last year, it has been very good. The food is full of flavor and the service is exceptional. The manager Scott, really knows how to do it right. He is on the floor constantly greeting his customers, offering samples of desserts and making sure that everything exceeds your expectation. The prices are reasonable and the specials are always fabulous. I know that this restaurant will be around for a long time and that makes me happy.

1  Thank nmkev