“Unbelievable show and cast”

Waterfront Playhouse
Ranked #58 of 180 things to do in Key West
More attraction details
Owner description: Named "The Best Professional Theater in Florida" (Florida Monthly Magazine), The Waterfront Playhouse is a not-for-profit, professional theater located on historic Mallory Square in Old Town Key West that attracts locals and tourists alike with a wide range of comedies, dramas, musicals, concerts, and world premieres. Recent hit productions at the Playhouse include "The Drowsy Chaperone," "The 39 Steps," "August: Osage County," Dirty Rotten Scoundrels," "Glengarry Glen Ross," "Lend Me a Tenor," "Doubt," "Twelve Angry Men," "The Full Monty," "Reefer Madness," "Urinetown," "Equus" and the world premiere of Hy Conrad's "Home Exchange." Join us for an exciting evening of theater in Paradise. When the sun sets, the curtain rises at The Waterfront Playhouse.
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Visited the playhouse to see the Drowsy Chaperone. The cast was amazing and kept me laughing throughout the whole show.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

We were fortunate enough to see "The Drowsy Chaperone" at the Waterfront Playhouse. Stellar performances by one and all in the cast. We did not want the show to end. Fabulous, fabulous, fabulous!!!

Reviewed March 9, 2013

The Waterfront Playhouse should be on Broadway because its productions are as marvelous as any on The Great White Way, but I am glad it is just where it is - in its beautiful Key West location. I have seen musicals, plays and concerts there and they are always of the highest calibre. This season I saw a most enjoyable Gershwin concert with an array of local talent, a first class production of "Six Dance Lessons in Six Weeks" and last night, an absolutely delightful, sumptuous, enchanting "Drowsy Chaperone." I thought I was really going to miss theatre being in Key West half the year but not so. It is thriving here! May it always! .

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Coming to Key West this month? Well whether you're a passionate theater goer or have casual interest in musicals, allow me to be so bold as to say a must visit is to the current show Drowsy Chaperone at the Waterfront Playhouse. The performers are all top professionals with the best of Key West performers comlemented with some outstanding singers, dancers, actors from New York. I'm not a theater reviewer but I know what is good entertainment and Drowsy Chaperone is the best. If you're from out of town, I won't go into a list of names of the actors/actresses but you will know talent when you see it. And here's my offer you cannot refuse. If you are disappointed with this show, please post a response to this message telling me I don't know what I'm talking about. I'm confident I will not hear from a single person.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Don't miss an opportunity to see a production at this small but very professional theater. They did an amazing Drowsy Chaparone. Actors are top rate in this little gem.