“Awesome Key Lime Sorbet”

Mattheessen & Magilner's Candy Kitchen
Ranked #6 of 9 Bakeries in Key West
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed June 29, 2013

On a sunny, humid afternoon we were looking for a refreshing snack, and the sign advertising "Tropical Ice Cream" outside this little shop drew us in. We weren't disappointed! Super friendly service and generous sampling of the ice cream flavors made this a fun little excursion. Make sure you try the Key Lime Sorbet -it hits the spot and is a nice alternative to pie on a hot day!

Reviewed June 27, 2013

If you're looking for something to cool you off from the heat of Key West, stop in this wonderful little dessert shop for some ice cream, or one of those huge cookies! I didn't get a cookie, but instead I got Cherry Vanilla ice cream, and then the next day the Peanut Butter cup. both were awesome! Service was friendly as well.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

The biggest chocolate chip cookie I have ever seen. Be sure to share. It was hot and delicious! We took it home as a late night snack.

Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Wow I never thought I would pay $6 for a cookie but it was worth it. Best chocolate chip cookie I've had that wasn't home made.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

The cookies were AWESOME, reasonable I guess for a tourist area but the counter lady was miserable and rude!!! If we did not specifically go back to Duval St. to pick them up before travelling home, I don't think we would have given them our money. Other than her, the place was nice, the first day we went in and the gentleman making the cookies was awesome but the second day..not so much.