“Sets the standard”

Ranked #27 of 51 Hotels in Key West
A TripAdvisor Member
“Sets the standard”
Reviewed December 25, 2005

We stayed in the condo-style two-bedroom suite for a week, and this Hyatt has set the standard against which all other vacation accomodations will be judged. It has everything you will need in your home-away-from-home including washer and drier, dishwasher, microwave, three TVs which will take video in from your source (laptop, video camera).

True, it is on the other side of the island from the nonstop party. In exchange, it is much more peaceful... and you are likely to do your vacation shopping at Albertsons instead of an overpriced street market. Get a scooter; it is the best way to see the island and makes Duval Street a 10-minute ride.

• Stayed December 2005
16 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
San Jose, CA
Reviewed December 4, 2005

This Resort was perfect for our family of 6 (my parents, 2 little kids, my wife, and myself) during this trip. It is rare to find a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom, with a kitchen - especially one that is as elegant as this. The kitchen was first rate, with the granite countertops and beautiful floor tiles. The dining table and the rest of the furniture was very tasteful and very well-decorated. We liked the tropical plantation theme. Hyatt knows how to do it right. We spent a lot of time on the large spacious lanai/patio. It also had excellent comfortable patio furniture, not resin stuff. We had a great ocean view room. We had good service. Because of the way we booked the room (different rates and different reservation systems), we were told that we were going to have to change rooms midstay. But when we got there, the manager had already taken care of it, and we were able to keep the same room the entire stay! that made my day. The "endless" pool was fun and beautiful. Nice ocean view from the pool and spa. For the people who complain about the lack of service, I must comment that The Hyatt Winward Pointe is NOT a full service Hyatt hotel - it is a timeshare type of property. It is intended for extended (weekly) stays, and is basically self service, which is why it has a kitchen in the suite. Almost all "vacation condo resorts" are like this, and one should not be disappointed, as it is intentionally set up this way. Considering the Keys did not have any great beaches, we made the best of it at this resort, and had wonderful Thanksgiving with our family on this island. Although we won't be returning to Key West, we do highly recommend those coming for the first time, and repeat visitors, do consider this property if you are coming with family.

• Stayed November 2005
18 Thank hoteljunkies
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 5, 2005

We stayed at the Hyatt with our young daughter earlier this year and were so dissapointed with the lack of service. The staff were only interested in being polite or helpful if there was something in it for them (a large tip!) Not sure why the porter was even there, he was never around when needed and on our last day he watched us struggle through the doors with our bags and daughter and didn't even help open any of the doors. All in all everything seemed to much effort and the receptionists seemed way out of there depth to do anything.

• Stayed July 2005
15 Thank louise154995
coral springs, florida
Reviewed October 18, 2005

Great location - Ocean is right across the street!
Took great walks on evenings by ocean.
There's a beautiful beach and tennis courts a few minutes away by car. The Hyatt's pool and hot tub was great, also. landscape kept nice. The eating area by pool Abbey Road made great hotdogs! My husband and I really enjoyed our stay and going to town was so easy (by car). All shopping and restaurants are close by (with car) also. Can't wait for my next vacation there.

• Stayed October 2005
6 Thank Carmen G
Herndon, VA
Reviewed October 4, 2005

I am originally from Ft. Lauderdale, FL and have visited Key West many times. Usually I would stay at an inexpensive hotel, but this time was different, and I will never stay anywhere else. It was great, well worth the price. They have so much to do at the hotel, that you don't have to leave if you don't want to.

I highly recommend you staying here, especially if you have a group of people. The pictures on the website, is what the it actually looks like. Its Great!

• Stayed September 2005
12 Thank klavr
Calgary, Alberta
Reviewed September 14, 2005

After a terrible stay at Clarion Maingate in Kissimmee (see review) we rolled up to the Hyatt in Keywest and were greeted with a very nice lobby that definitely told me we were in vacation wonderland. The front desk was very accommodating with my request of an ocean front view.

I was traveling with my 19 and 22 year daughters and we were all astounded at the sight of the room. It was the most incredible suite we had ever stayed in. We had decided that it will likely be hard to leave the room but rather we wanted to spend 3 days at the resort and not go out!! This of course did not happen but it was tempting.

The furnishings were very elegant. The suite, which consisted of living room, kitchen, 2 bathrooms and two bedrooms, was as large as my condo... over 1000 sq. feet. The master bedroom had a huge bathroom with a large jacuzzi tub.. double sinks... separate little toilet room and yet another for a stand up shower. A telescope was also appreciated to view the ocean and the stars.

It was so nice to wake up in my bed and look out across the ocean.

I would highly recommend this vacation property. Yes, it was next to the airport.. but the quality of the building and the thick glass windows provided any protection from noise. Besides that it is not that busy of an airport.

I really did not plan on coming back to Key West as there are so many places to see in the world but I was so impressed with the hotel and Key West that I am sure to return.

Stayed September 2005
16 Thank Rottn
delaware
Reviewed August 30, 2005

We enjoyed the stay at the Hyatt very much and thought the condo was beautifully decorated and was in wonderful condition and was thoroughly cleaned. It was great feeling coming through the door to a very clean and spotless place to stay. I also appreciated having the washer/dryer combo placed there within the room, it came in very handy. We also enjoyed the balcony and thought the size of it was perfect and thought the fan outside was a nice touch to cool things down abit. The view was wonderful overlooking the water and poolside. The staff was very polite and helpful and when we experienced a small problem they came right away to fix it without incident. Excellent job from the Hyatt from top to bottom.
Although the beach situation was a disappointment for us there at the Keys the pool made it a lot nicer to deal with. I do think they could extend the pool use hours longer though maybe until midnight. Everything there was top notch and I would recommend staying there. Don't let the airport keep you away, the noise level was very minimal.

• Stayed August 2005