“Housekeeping a really bad problem!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hyatt Windward Pointe

Hyatt Windward Pointe
Ranked #29 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Louisiana
“Housekeeping a really bad problem!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

This is a 5 star Resort BUT housekeeping makes it a 3 star IMO. We were Interval World exchangers and our Room should have been thoroughly cleaned mid week. It never happened. I called and was told 10 AM wed; No Show; Called and they said 9 AM Thursday; A No show. Finally a Manager named Mark called and apologized; He set up up for a meal at The Shor which we appreciated

The Room was half cleaned Friday the day before we left Saturday. They did not sweep,Vacuum or mop; We had asked for a total cleaning which was our choice. Someone lied and said we only wanted towel service which we did not get half the time either. House Keeping could care less and I would fire this out sourced company so fast there heads would spin. There is much more to this issue but I will shut up........

The Resort is Beautiful! The Landscaping is Immaculate. Our Room was perfect; 3rd floor overlooking the pool and the Ocean. We loved our 7 day visit to Key West.

If Housekeeping would do there job with a smile on there face, I would give this a 5 star but this is a BIG Issue and Hyatt "Higher ups" needs to resolve this issue quickly.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank cocoario

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Rosenberg, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

Very nice place, very clean rooms, close to everything, Cab rides were kind of expensive but not too bad, pool was nice and clean, not a lot of beach access but what there is is very nice and clean. All restaurants and nigh life was great.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Brad J
Clearwater, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

The hotel is well designed, each room has a beautiful view. The rooms are spacious, much like a 2 bedroom condo. But the hotel seems short staffed, particularly in the housekeeping dept. The day we checked in I called for extra blankets 5 times from 5pm to 8:30pm. We left for dinner and returned at 11:30pm and still no blankets. I called again but this time no one answered the phone. Most days our trash was not picked up and towels were not exchanged. There is mildew on the shower tiles in both bathrooms. The appliances and furniture are worn out. The washer/dryer has no sound insulation. The sofa bed is old, my nephew woke up with red dots from bug bites all over his back. The bananas we had on the counter was covered by ants.

Is hotel management aware of the negative feedback to make improvements? It's too bad because the hotel exterior/landscaping/room layout is beautiful! It just needs better upkeep.

2 Thank FVL33764
St. Petersburg, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights in may 2012 with an offer of $99 per night if we attended the 90 minute timeshare presentation. The property is beautiful and they have extra staff that keep the whole place looking great. The landscaping was impeccable, the hallways were spotless and the pool area/hot tub was super clean. Our two bedroom place was spotless and ultra modern. Our balcony overlooked the courtyard full of tropical foilage and further out a view of the atlantic ocean. Adjacent to the property is the airport and small runway. I love airplanes and would frequently stand there and watch the planes land and take off. The airplane noise was minimal due to the well insulated windows. Our only complaint was the 90 minute timeshare sales presentation. She started out by telling us that there would not be any pressure b/c hyatt hotels does not want the timeshare staff to use those uncomfortable tactics with hyatt guests. So we sat through the 90 minute presentation and everything was fine. We told her that we wanted to think about the information she had provided us and since we still had two nights of our trip left, we would let her know. WE WANTED TO LEAVE ! she asks us to wait a minute and leaves us for a minute and returns with her manager. He proceeded to tell us that he just locked the door and no one was leaving until he got us to sign for a timeshare and went on to say that the windows were nailed shut from the outside. We began to wonder what happened to our verbal agreement of NO HIGH PRESSURE. My spouse being a 100% disabled veteran with PTSD became visably upset about being told we could not leave and I had to use the best verbal skills I could to get both timeshare staff to let us leave "AGAIN TELLING THEM THAT WE DONT MAKE 20,000 PURCHASES WITHOUT THINKING AND TALKING ABOUT IT. Her reply to that was that "most" people do buy right after the presentation. I again said that although that may be true, we as a couple do not operate that way and asked for a forth time that we wanted to leave. At this point we felt that we were being held against our will, almost rising to the point of kidnapping. Upon leaving and going back to the room , I went to the front desk and complained asking that we be allowed to check out. We asked to transfer to the hyatt property downtown and were told it was completely sold out to a large party. The property manager got involved and offered us a 150 dining credit at the downtown hyatt property restaurant for our last night there. While having dinner there the waiter dropped a tray of glasses right next to our table leaving a large bleeding cut on my ankle and glass shards that flew into our food. The meals were re-made and the restaurant manager took care of cleaning my deep leg wound and wrapped it in gause. I then recieved an email from the property manager of the downtown hyatt hotel apologizing for the broken glass incident and telling me that he hopes I believe it was an accident. I still have a scar on my leg 10 weeks later.

Room Tip: If the timeshare staff do not let you leave, call 911.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
26 Thank Dr Richard O
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

This is a very nice resort. You can only stay here if you own or are invited on a timeshare tour (we were). We didnt buy it b/c it doesn't fit with our travel style, but if we did want to buy one, this would be a nice place to have one. The rooms are new, decked out with everything you would have at home: granite and stainless steel in the kitchen, 2bed/2bath and a pull-out couch, jacuzzi in the room, 3 TVs, very nice. The porch is oversized and has a table that seats 6 (one inside too) and a telescope (which faces the pool.......... so I think that's a little creepy to know ppl are looking at you at the pool lol). The pool is very nice too... has an infinity edge but the road behind it sort of ruins the effect of the ocean being there. The staff there is nice but not out-of-their-way nice like you might expect of a Hyatt Vacation Club and my biggest complaint is that there is no gym! You have to go all the way to the Hyatt downtown to use one. Overall though, it's probably one of the most "comfortable" places to stay in the Keys.

2 Thank fijiqueen
Jupiter, FL
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights to celebrate his birthday. We had stayed at this property about 5 years before and had a very nice experience. As a matter of fact, we were very tempted to purchase a timeshare but didn't.

This time around we were very disappointed. Although the property is still beautiful and the grounds well maintained, the condos themselves are not kept up. The kitchen floor was sticky; there was dust in all the corners behind the doors in the bedrooms; some kind of black soot was coming out of the air vent in the guest bathroom which was deposited on the toilet tank and sink. Also there was a big smudge in the middle of the window in the master bedroom. It was the first thing that I noticed when I walked in the room as the shade was pulled up. I don't know how housekeeping could have missed it! The window treatments and carpets were dirty as well.

Additionally, the condo smelled like someone had cooked fish in there the night before. I called down to the front desk and they sent someone up with a bottle of Fabreeze to spray. Problem was, it wasn’t an air spray but one that you spray on furniture. It was of no use, however, we just got used to the smell.

The next morning, we participated in the sales presentation. At that time we relayed our disappointment. The sales reps were very apologetic and talked with the front desk. Someone did come up to our unit that afternoon to mop the kitchen floor and also spray for ants which we encountered. Not much else was done.

Frankly I don't understand why a timeshare property would place you in a subpar unit if they are trying to sell you a share. If they can't put their best foot forward in the sales process what makes them think we would take the ownership risk?

My husband was also very interested in the maintenance of the exterior. Much to his dismay, there were cracks in the concrete and deterioration of the balconies. Things if maintained properly would not have gotten into the shape they were in.

One other thing that I must mention is that one afternoon I went up to the room from the pool. Much to my surprise and disappointment, our front door was ajar. There were no housekeepers in sight.

On a positive note, the front desk and all the staff were very pleasant. The pool is absolutely beautiful and very relaxing.

When we checked out, I mentioned to the front desk about the poor housekeeping. They agreed with me and told me that they were aware of the situation and were working on it. Not too sure what that meant.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kulani02
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

The grounds and units are great but the service is non-existent. The staff is rude, ignorant and non-responsive. They don't make the beds and never answer the phone. Additionally, there is only one ice machine and one elevator for multiple buildings, knowing that occupants are carrying up groceries. Apparently they are only here to sell property, not to take care of guests. It's unfortunate that such a nice property with a good brand name is so poorly represented!