“Best sandwiches ever!”

Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed July 15, 2013

The Paseo Press is one of the best sandwiches I've ever had in my life. Absolutely authentic Cuban and amazing corn on the cob!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,698)

Reviewed July 14, 2013

this place has awesome food for take out, don't sit here and eat, omg the pork sandwhich is awesome plus the corn, i have had the shrimp and a fish dinner and they are yummy, and the carribean bowl get it with pork, if u order by phone, get the drinks in person they have several latin canned soft drinks, final warning: get it to go

Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

So we went here for the amazing corn and as everyone says, it was unbelievable. We were surprised though when our other dishes were equally amazing as well- I and the salad with mahi and my husband had the Caribbean wrap. It was so delicious. I was a little reluctant at first to see this was in the top 3 restaurants in Key West but looking back on our trip, our lunch here was one of the best meals we had. Definitely a lunch spot in my opinion.

1  Thank KMP382
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

We asked locals for tips on some place unique and good for lunch. So many recommend Paseo. It looks like an old gas station but that is just part of the charm. I think my sandwich was the best sandwich I've ever had. That is no exaggeration! It couldn't be more true. Can't remember the name of it but it had pork, ham, banana peppers, cilantro, cheese... And the sandwiches are huge for the money. You MUST try the corn - it's not your regular old corn on the cob! Not a whole lot of places to sit. That shouldn't stop you. They aren't open Monday or Tuesday so plan accordingly. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Thanks to all you TA reviewers - this place is just as advertised. Used to be a gas station and only has a few tables outside to sit at, but don't let that deter you. It was, quite frankly, the best sandwich I have ever eaten. We went there two days in a row for lunch and would have gone back every single day if we'd stayed longer. He had the seared scallop wrap one day and I had the pork both days. The bread was super fresh and crunchy, the pork was mouthwateringly good, the carmelized onions great, it was just a wonderfully good sandwich. I'm hungry thinking about it. It's very messy though - so you need lots of napkins (and eat over your container). I also tried the salad, but the addition of beets just wasn't to my liking. The sandwiches are large (probably shareable) and I ate every last bit of it. Next time I go to KW, I will be going back. It was the best thing I ate on that island and the best sandwich I have ever eaten. YUM!