“worth the hike!”

Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

My husband looked up restaurants on Trip advisor for our last meal before we left Key West. it was worth the hike to its location 8 blocks off of Duval Street. We split the sandwich and each got a roasted corn on the cob. It was yummy. The only draw back was not enough tables, didn't mind eating outside, but it would have been easier to eat at a table.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,775)

Reviewed January 27, 2013

We had heard of this former gas station turned restaurant through Tripadvisor and decided to check it out during our first visit to Key West. Boy am I glad we did! The Caribbean food at this place it great!
I had the chicken breast sandwich dredged in "Paseo" marinade which was grilled. You got a hearty portion on a sub roll that filled me right up.
My wife, who is a picky eater, got the seared scallop sandwich that contained really good sized scallops covered in evo, their garlic tapenade and fresh greens. Again it was a delicious tummy full which she couldn't even finish.
My one nit was the corn on the cob. I must be a purest in this area because I found that it was covered with way too much seasoning. I had heard it was different and a must try item but I guess I am an old fashioned butter and salt kind of guy.
Anyway, this place is very reasonable, gives you great sized portions and super tasting food!
I believe that they close at 7pm so either go for lunch or a somewhat early casual dinner. Not a lot of seating and most of it is outside so if it is raining or windy, hold on to your hat! Don't expect anything fancy. Just great food!

Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant has amazing Cuban sandwiches. The establishment is small and has only outdoor seating but on a warm day, it is perfect. They also welcome dogs to the outdoor seating.

1  Thank AK859
Reviewed January 25, 2013

It was our last day when we picked food from this place. I wish we had tried it before..

Anyway, the place closes at 7 -- so don't wait to go there for dinner. Definitely try the corn. Everything else is pretty awesome .. you can't go wrong..

1  Thank Mpek
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Red sauce on fish was salty beyond belief. Sauce on bean, thigh, rice trio was just very, very salty. Maybe all the 5 star folks had the sandwiches. I don't know. Prices typical for Key West...no bargains.