“Basic Irish Comfort Food”
Review of McConnell's Irish Pub - CLOSED

McConnell's Irish Pub
Cuisines: American, Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
virginia
“Basic Irish Comfort Food”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Good place if you want a break from Key West seafood. We can't speak to the bar since we ate on the covered patio. Very pleasant since there was a shower that cooled things off . Good Irish comfort food like corned beef and cabbage, shepard's pie, and fish and chips in case you don't want that seaford break. We split a bowl of potato and leek soup that was top notch. Their pricing makes for a very good value. You won't leave hungry, that's for sure.

• Visited September 2012

St. Petersburg, Florida
“Wonderful Fish & Chips!”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stopped into McConnell's for lunch on our last day in Key West. I had the Fish & Chips and my friend had the Corned Beef & Cabbage! Both were perfect! Service wasn’t all that good for a Friday afternoon, but the food more than made up for it. The place itself was very clean and welcoming. I would definitely recommend this restaurant if you like authentic Irish cuisine! Prices were reasonable.

Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin
“nice but unattentive”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We actually stopped in twice for cocktails. On both occasions the bartenders were more interested in talking to other customers(which were not many) than serving a new one. The drinks were fine but I would anticipate that from a Irish bar. The female bartender that waited on us(thought she was an owner) seemed put out to wait on us and was so deeply involved in conversation she didn't notice us at the bar. She was also kind of short with us.

Columbus, Ohio
“A taste of the old sod”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Nothing better than a cool stop with a draft Harp on a ninety degree day. Spent time with owner/prop Jerry, and his Old English Sheepdog. A great hour on Duval. And a bartender with a sweet authentic brogue. What could be better!

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Loved this place!”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We stumbled upon this place after visiting the Butterfly Conservatory. It's on Duval, but not really on the main hang out. We visited twice. The staff was EXTREMELY friendly-especially the bartender from Ireland-I'm sorry I don't remember her name! We didn't eat either time, but the menu had numerous choices, including your typical Irish pub fare. They served my favorite drink I had the whole time I was in Key West-I believe it's a Key Lime Spritzer. It's made with Key Lime Vodka and Sprite and is absolutey amazing. If you like Irish whiskey, this is the place to go as they have a great variety. The prices were typical of Key West (cocktails and beers in the $4-$6ish range and food in the $10ish and up range). I will say (as with most of the places we visited in Key West) they pour a strong drink!

• Visited August 2012