“Lovely evening”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 19, 2013

My friend and I decided to have dinner on a Wednesday night. The food was great, we shared a salad and pasta dish. Both of the dishes were large portions. Our server, Kip took great care of us. He was attentive and friendly. We sat outside in the courtyard, the atmosphere was quiet.
Thanks for a relaxing night!

1  Thank brookeelizabeth1307

Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I visited this restaurant after a very long and exhausting trip down from Orlando. When we arrived in Key West it was raining and we hadn't bought any clothes for the rain at all so needless to say our spirits were low! We actually went in the wrong direction when we left our hotel (Key Lime Inn) but I'm so glad we did because Vitos was the first restaurant we stumbled across. There was hardly anyone in there and the guy serving was in shorts and t-shirt and very chilled out so weren't sure what to expect! The menu was fantastic though; lots of choice and great sounding food! We both ordered starters and pizzas. The service turned out to be excellent the chilled out waiter was really friendly and quick to bring us our meals. The starters were soooo good (garlic bread and mozerella sticks), the pizzas were equally good (meat pie and chicken). When I got my pizza the waiter apologised because he thought it was a bit over cooked, I actually thought it was fine and ate the whole thing but he still bought us out a free cheesecake to say sorry. Of course the cheesecake was also very yummy! I would highly recommend this place to anyone, I think because it's a bit tucked away it gets overlooked but the food is so good! The only thing I will say is that it doesn't look much from the outside, it looks more like a cafe from the outside but don't let that put you off. Give it a try!

2  Thank Helen2602
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is a cool place with good food. It's not a white tablecloth restaurant, but I've always enjoyed places with character.

"What you see is what you get" vibe with a clean, unpretentious outdoor setting. If you want to get off the tourist trail and see a true local place, this is where I would recommend (I work at Island Dogs in the heart of the tourist district).

I like the hand tossed pizza (I've worked in pizza places for 10+ years, lived in NYC, and eaten pizza in 25+ countries, if that means anything). Ask for Aurora sauce. The bruschetta and caprese are great, also. "The Italiano" sub is up to the deli standard I saw living in NJ.

2  Thank tfoote6
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We were craving pizza and this restaurant was highly recommended by some locals. Its very basic American/Italian cuisine. The pizza was good and the plates were huge (we also got some chicken parm). Not sure why other reviewers had such bad experience with the service. We actually had great service, but then again, the restaurant was closer to empty at that time. I'd go again. Thought it was good enough.

2  Thank PeachyKeen26
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We ate here as it was across from the hotel we were staying at. There was 2 waiters working, neither of which acknowlegded our arrival, finally we asked one guy and he said "sit where ever you like" . We had to sit at a dirty table and waited again. I was ready to leave but my husband insisted we wait and see. He eventually waved one of the guys over, he gave no apology and wiped the table only when we asked.
The food was deliscious as was the garden where we sat. Its just to bad it was ruined by the staff.