“Outstanding Restaurant Experience”

Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Phoenix, Arizona
“Outstanding Restaurant Experience”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We started early in our vacation with pizza here and was so good I stopped in the following evening for a sandwich to take on a fishing boat. John the owner prepared one of the best sandwich's I've ever had. Our family returned the next day for dinner and we raved about every dish including calamari appetizer, Italian sausage, pasta, and shrimp scampi. And, four of the six in our family are finicky Italian when it comes to dining! Nice wines, relaxed atmosphere and very reasonable prices round out this "don't miss."

Visited January 2013

“Fantastic!!”
Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

We were staying nearby and ate here several times. The Antipasto Salad is my favorite! I had it twice in one week! They deliver too.
Everything we had was very good. The pizza was really good...coming from someone who is used to Chicago pizza I think that says a lot!! The service and atmosphere was wonderful too. You can't go wrong here! Special thanks to Dave- who was a really great guy and server!!!

Port Saint Lucie, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“2nd Chances”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

My husband & I are on our honeymoon. We stopped into Vito's, & we would would definetley go back :) it was very laid back although the waiter seemed rather busy. It did take a lil longer than usual to get our order, but the owner was very involved in checking up on everything. He explained the newness of his first restaurant and the many changes he has had to make and the vision he has going forward. We get it. and we really appreciate his hands on methods & his willingness to immediately correct any issues. OUR DINNERS WERE DELICIOUS!!! We wish Vito's all the best!! If you did'nt have a great experience the 1st time try giving them a 2nd chance.

• Visited November 2012
VitosPiazza, Owner at Vito's Piazza Key West, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Hey! Thanks so much for taking the time to write about us. It's really great when people visit and see what we're trying to achieve here. Many thanks for this and I hope we see you again sometime!
Key West, Florida
“Couldn't even eat our pizza . . .”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We ordered a large Margherita pizza at 6:26 p.m. on a Thursday evening and was told it would be between 45 minutes to an hour for delivery. We live very close and would have picked up our pie but were in the middle of doing laundry and figured the pie would be delivered by the time we were finished. Over two hours later, after one call to Vito's after 75 minutes asking where the food was, the delivery service (NOT in-house staff) driver finally arrived with a cold pie and a $20 tab. We refused delivery and attempted to call Vito's but only heard an answering machine. Next time, we will order from Mr. Z's.

• Visited October 2012
3 Thank M F
VitosPiazza, Owner at Vito's Piazza Key West, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Hi, I'm sorry about this and wanted to reply with as much explanation as possible. The Thursday you mentioned was during the busiest time in the Key West calendar, around Fantasy Fest when the island fills with visitors and we all get to see people have some fun. However, if you recall (and you may remember if you were doing laundry that there was a reluctance to leave the house that night) it was a torrential downpour. The rain did not stop and we therefore had locals and all the Fantasy Fest arriving visitors calling us to deliver pizza. We were so bust our drivers needed back-up. We called in the delivery service to help us and even they were struggling with the volume and pace of calls that night. The phone was constantly engaged with people calling to order and yes, we were backed up on one of the busiest nights in the year with some of the worst weather combining to leave you waiting a long time for a pizza. My apologies but I hope a glimpse behind the scenes of the situation will go some way to explain why you were disappointed and I hope you find your way back to Vito's.
Maple Grove, Minnesota
“Not impressed”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

The pizza was way too greasy as my husband used multiple napkins to sop up the excess. It also had way too much sauce which we didn't care for either. Crust was okay. When we arrived we wanted to sit inside - not one person in there - but was told the staff "did not show up" and we had to sit outside. Service was okay. A horrible last dinner in KW after having many great meals elsewhere on the island this week.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank pinked_10_11
VitosPiazza, Owner at Vito's Piazza Key West, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Hi, I'm sorry to hear your experience wasn't up to our standards. I am investigating the inside/outside thing- as i pay a lot for the A/C in there so that people who want it, like you, are welcomed! There was a trainee here that day, which may have been the issue. People usually enjoy our pizza- if you do return or if anyone reading has any issue, please let us know and we'll take the opportunity to fix it for you.
Thanks for taking the time to review, it all helps me know what to keep an eye on!