“Food is Amazing”

Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Key West, Florida, United States
“Food is Amazing”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We live here and always go, the last night my brother was in town I took him there our servers name was, Jessica she was very helpful, and friendly. The service was slow it took forever to get our food, but the wait was well worth it, just like the description its a "Hidden Gem" of key west cant wait to go back again!

• Visited July 2012
VitosPiazza, Owner at Vito's Piazza Key West, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Hey, thanks so much for this review. We read them all and every comment and bit of feedback is taken on board and appreciated! Thanks

Key West, Florida
“Don't know how they are still open???”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Visited Vito's 3 times...
1st - was the first night they opened - we live in the neighborhood so we were anxious to try - Food was just okay, service was just okay - but wanted to give the benefit of the doubt since it was their first night. I had the "homemade" spaghetti and meatballs
2nd - went with a group of four - the server was nice, the food was just okay (again, nothing to "write home" about. I had the veal piccata - tastier than the meatballs I had previously tried.
3rd - my husband and I wanted to grab a quick bite before the movies, I had suggested we try Vitos...one more time...he wasn’t too thrilled, but they had been advertising their new pizza and I was in the mood for a white, garlicky pizza. So we went, walked in and it was as if we were walking into this "exclusive" club that we were not welcomed at - it was about 6:30pm and there were about 5 or so people at the bar, 2 bartenders, the owner and a couple servers - not one table seated. The owner “greets" us with "What the ef do you want?" - yes that is how he welcomed us in to his restaurant - along with about ten more uses of the 'F' word, back and forth with the over-staffed employees, just being very rude and bawdy.
I knew we had made a bad choice coming here - and it didn’t get any better...
we asked for the 3 cheese white pizza and wanted to see if we could get it without the ricotta cheese (not a fave of my husband) and we were told no, "it is all pre-made and comes out of a scoop"- okay? Doesn’t sound like a fresh homemade pizza to me...needless to say we didn’t end up getting the pizza.
Then - one of the servers who had nothing to do with us or where we were seated made an extremely rude comment to me, and that was it - we cancelled the order, asked for the check to pay for the beer and left.
I don't know how this place has been open for a year - I go by there every day and there is never anyone at a table, maybe one or 2 once in a while. Just the few bar flys that go there and plenty of staff standing around doing nothing.
Kind of wish the Small Chef At Large (deli or bistro) was still there, that was good food and service -- not Vitos, we will never, never go there again. There are plenty of other great local Italian restaurants and pizzerias....

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank AnnieBri
Hi, wow I’m sorry to hear you weren’t happy at Vito’s back when we opened a year ago. It sounds like you didn’t have the same, great experience as the many people who rate us highly. Thank you (and your husband) for coming in again to try our pizza, we haven’t used ricotta cheese for many months (I see you visited back in June). Perhaps it’s a ‘3 strikes, out’ situation but if you do pass every day as you say, drop in, say hi and I’ll try to put it right. Thanks, John
“You want great food, a great time, and the best happy hour special in Key West? Yep. You can tell I liked Vito's.”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

This place is something of a Key West "hidden gem." Ok, ok I've only been down here for a couple of bachelor parties and vacations--don't claim to know the whole island--but Vito's is a great time. Rock'n happy hour special and the servers were good people. I give them a wholehearted "kudos" and recommend that you pop in for a bite and a beer. Best pizza, too.

Thanks so much for your great review!
New York City, New York
“Best Pizza in Key West? Forget about the rest is right!”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Always a great experience, would recommend this restaurant to anyone! Quite honestly the best pizza Ive had ANYWHERE! awesome awesome service! Joe the bartender or Magic John to name a couple... Wouldn't imagine getting my pizza anywhere else! My wife also had the Chicken Florentine that was on special and I think she licked the plate it was so good! would go back time and time again, considering moving to the keys just so I could taste the food everyday!!!

• Visited August 2012
VitosPiazza, Owner at Vito's Piazza Key West, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
Thanks so much for this great review! Joe and 'Magic' John will be pleased to hear it. That chicken Florentine special has been a best seller it's so good! Thanks again.
Key West, FL
“Taking this off the list of places to frequent”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Went there for lunch and had a very mediocre expereince with the food. The bread was a bit stale, asparagus was over cooked, service slow and there were only 2 tables filled which included ours. The grass you see in the picture is astroturf and thre are no umbrellas. This restaurant has no where near the ambiance as the picture shows. I always love a good place to eat outdoors, but I won't be going back anytime soon. There are too many other wonderful places to dine in KW to spend my hard earned cash.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank T2Socks
Hi, Thanks for the feedback and really I'm sorry to hear your experience wasn't what we strive for. I'm a bit confused when you said there aren't any umbrellas...only I'm looking at them right now and they're definitely there?! We didn't 'stage' the picture that is just how it looks out there. Yes it's definitely astro, there's no way we'd water a lawn that much here in Key West! On another note, we don't do 'fast food' here. We're pretty proud of making sure we serve fresh, every time. So yes, it's a little more of a relaxed, European style and we don't rush a table. The bread is warmed by the server when they take a table, so if you do decide to give us another try, let them know you'd like it hot out of the oven and they'll be more than happy to bake you some more! I hope you give us another try- say hi if you return and we'd be more than happy to accept anymore feedback- we welcome it and it keeps us improving!