“Spectacular view with very nice food”

La Trattoria Oceanside
Reserve with OpenTable
La Trattoria Oceanside is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 446 Restaurants in Key West
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Next to Airport and Benihana
Millington, New Jersey
“Spectacular view with very nice food”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Reservations absolutely required but it's worth planning head for the spectacular view. The food was very good (was dubious about Italian food in FL). Service was very good. We felt very well treated and not rushed despite occupying one of the coveted window tables. We were deeply touched to see the hostess helping an extremely old and frail elderly gent out to his car -- seem to treat their regulars as family. Definitely a lovely evening. We will be back.

• Visited March 2013

Angola, Indiana
“Beautiful Oceanviews”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Found this great restaurant during a morning jog along S. Roosevelt by the ocean. It is located by the Hyatt and the airport. I arrived early because I wanted to see the sunset during my meal. I was shown to a window seat and my server was excellent. He recommended a great wine and soon after received deicious warm bread with olive oil and parmesan. I ordered the caprese and puttanesca. The tomatoe and mozzarella salad was fresh and tasty with the penne cooked perfectly with a wonderful tomatoe based sauce with capers. Service was timely and attentive. A lovely dinner experience.

• Visited January 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
“Island Italian”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

No trip to Key West would ever be right unless I have dinner at "The Tratt". Whether at the bar or at a table, I think their food is the best Italian on the island, with great servcie to match.

Visited March 2013
Arlington, Virginia, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A great experience”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

The food was excellent, but what blew me away was the service. We went with our kids (5 & 2.5) and I was nervous as it's a bit fancier than we usually take them to, (we had a 5:30 reservation and they're pretty well behaved, so I figured it wasn't too inappropriate). The waitstaff was super helpful, friendly and very nice to our boys. They didn't seem to mind that our kids created extra trips for them (extra straw when one got dropped, more bread, extra silverware, etc). Great experience - I would certainly come back.

Visited March 2013
Glen Rock, New Jersey
“Big Change in a Year, Not for the Best”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Be careful which one you go to. There are two restaurants on Key West with the same name. This one is out by the airport.

Was at this one last year, 2012, and gave it a great review. A year later, can't do that again.

Called ahead to see if we needed reservations and told no, if there were only two. Got to the door and found Fang at the door. With a great sigh, after I told here we did not have a res, she said, "I'll see what I can do". A glance around showed a lot of empty tables. She wanted to put us in the back up near the ceiling but when i asked for the empty table at the window, she reluctantly gave it to us. The place never did fill up.

We waited for a waiter, water, bread, drinks, food and finally the check.

Food was not that spectacular. No way was this authentic Italian food. It was more like Italianish. The procesco was barely cool and the food barely warm. The bread was not the freshest and the balsamic vinegar in the olive oil was way too strong.
Couldn't wait to leave.

However, it is on the ocean and with the view, it is relaxing.

• Visited March 2013