“All you could ask for!”

Linda D Sportfishing
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: 79 years of family fishing history for the WICKERS , Capt. Billy Wickers III followed in his grandfather's and father's footsteps. Now Billy is a 4th generation captain. Captain Billy grew up working in the family charter business, working as a mate for his dad, and got his captain's license at the young age of 18 in 1990. He captained his dad's boats, Linda D III and IV, and was able to buy his own boat the Linda D V in 2003 which he owns and operates. Captain Billy has been recognized for his fishing abilities by winning numerous awards since 1990 to present , including the prestigious Key West Fishing Tournament's Outstanding Guide Award, most releases in general division, and also most Sailfish and Marlin releases, which he has won for consecutive years. He s been recognize as captain of the moth by Gray taxidermy..Also Linda D IV & V have been Awarded for the 2012 BEST OF KEY WEST AWARDS IN THE CHARTER BOATS Category by the Key West Award Program Committee. Capt. Billy Wickers III will definitely make your fishing trip a memorable event for you and your family.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed December 30, 2013

My son and myself have fished with LINDA D for 5 years now and have yet to be disappointed,Captain Bill will find fish and you will have tight lines before heading back to dock.Our experiences have been a 10-10-10 !Im to believe that this is the best charter boat excursion on the island.On 12-18-13 we went out and Captain Bill asked what we were looking for and I said something BIG,i caught a hammerhead shark and did not realize this would be possible.Thanks LINDA D and crew for memory of a lifetime.See you next year.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

Third time aboard the Linda D with Bill as Captain. Once again not disappointed. Took my father, brother, uncle and cousin out to show them what fishing in the keys is all about. They sure did find out! Fish on lines all day long. A few times we had triples going!

If your thinking about booking a trip with any fishing charter in the KEYS you need to book with Bill! You definitely will not be disappointed!!!

Reviewed December 26, 2013

I'm not sure who these idiots who have given the Linda D the bad reviews are, but they're either delusional or mistaken in their identification because the crew we chartered were polar opposite of their descriptions. I've been on a LOT of charter fishing vessels all over the world and I think I know a little about the business. Greg the Captain and Matt the deckmate were pure professionals. The boat was immaculately maintained and both of the crew were extremely knowledgeable and helpful. There was no "buzzing" of other craft, there was no mention of not fishing here or there to suit their own agenda, no rudeness, or anything other than a genuine sincere interest in OUR wants and needs. Within five minutes of setting lines, we had a nice 28" Black Grouper on the line (happened to be on the light spinning rod line with mere 20# test). Even with this light rig I was able to land it through Captain Greg's outstanding handling of the boat and Matt's extremely competent assistance. We went on to catch two more grouper on conventional rigs before we had to unfortunately cut the trip short due to my wife's seasickness. I don't know about any of those self appointed "experts" who have complained on this site, but in my own humble opinion, three excellent grouper within 30 minutes tells me these guys know their business! And for me, they are the ONLY charter I'll be using in Key West! Great job guys!!!

Skip & Karen Hitchcock
South Carolina

Reviewed December 25, 2013

Were scheduled on a charter with another one from the hotel and they switch us to Linda D. We had a full boat of six and the seas were a bit choppy. I think my son's highlights were catching tuna and dolphin and seeing dad as the only one on the boat to chum the fish. All said the crew did a great job and happy with the experience. They filleted the fish for us and we took it to a local restaurant. Switch from Camille's to Deuce's Off the Hook and was pleased as they cooked it four different ways and gave us great service.

We will definitely be back in Key West and Linda D will be the fishing boat of choice when we come back!

Reviewed December 24, 2013

Great trip! We went out with with Capt. Craig and Matt. They know there stuff, and they made the trip really enjoyable. They were very patient with us. Matt worked his butt off the whole trip, and Craig and Matt worked great together. The water was pretty rough, but we caught two barracudas, two bonitos, a shark, a sailfish, two dolphin, and two blackfin tuna. If possible, Matt and Craig were more excited about the sailfish then we were. When we got to the pier, Matt filleted up the tuna and dolphin and we ate some of the tuna right there. It was fantastic! We plan on making Linda D's a regular part of our trips to Key West!