“Want the best? Look no further!”

Linda D Sportfishing
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: 79 years of family fishing history for the WICKERS , Capt. Billy Wickers III followed in his grandfather's and father's footsteps. Now Billy is a 4th generation captain. Captain Billy grew up working in the family charter business, working as a mate for his dad, and got his captain's license at the young age of 18 in 1990. He captained his dad's boats, Linda D III and IV, and was able to buy his own boat the Linda D V in 2003 which he owns and operates. Captain Billy has been recognized for his fishing abilities by winning numerous awards since 1990 to present , including the prestigious Key West Fishing Tournament's Outstanding Guide Award, most releases in general division, and also most Sailfish and Marlin releases, which he has won for consecutive years. He s been recognize as captain of the moth by Gray taxidermy..Also Linda D IV & V have been Awarded for the 2012 BEST OF KEY WEST AWARDS IN THE CHARTER BOATS Category by the Key West Award Program Committee. Capt. Billy Wickers III will definitely make your fishing trip a memorable event for you and your family.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Want the best? Look no further!”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We have used Capt Billy twice now and I couldn't imagine ever using anyone else. If you are looking to catch something specific, just tell him! I've never seen a Capt and crew (Joe) work so hard for their clients. We caught our limit of Yellowtail Snapper and it was deliscious. My son, who hadn't been deep sea fishing before, hooked a 9 ft, 250 lb lemon shark on 20 lb tess line and fought him for 2 hrs! It was an epic battle but NO ONE else could have gotten him that opportunity but Capt Billy! This is a professional, trust worthy family business and they will always have my business when I go to Key West. Thank you for more wonderful memories!!

Visited February 2013
captwickers, Owner at Linda D Sportfishing, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Hi ROBYN :)
hope you guys are doing well . Just wanted to thank you for you review and for coming againg to fish with us . It is always a pleasure having you and ur family aboard . I'm glad we were able to give ur son a remarkable first time experience.
You guys are def great..
Best regards and hugs from wife to u . She loves u.

Capt Billy

Colorado, United States
3 attraction reviews
“Best fishing charter in the Keys”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Key West is a regular vacation spot for me and my family. We discovered Linda D and Captain Billy a few years ago and I have never looked back. After a few horible fishing experiences with other fishing charters we tried Linda D and I have always been satisified. My 4 year old son went out with me this time and I was a little skeptical because we had 4 adults and my son and I wanted everyone to have a good experience... WE DID. Capt Billy got us on a variety of fish and my 4 year old (with a little help) caught and reeled in his 1st fish. Capt Billy and Joe made sure we got set up with a great taxidermy and my son has a great memory and a great trophy!!!

Visited December 2012
Thank you guys . Very happy you
guys had a great time . Hope to see you all again .
For another memorable fishing experience .
Best regards
Capt billy

Hope to see pics
Federal Way, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Not impressed...”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I don't recommend this unless you are into catching little sharks.....Poor communication. I'll call you tonight-hard to plan vacation time around that.

1 Thank debreeder
Hi
Hope you are doing well.
I was just reading ur review. You went fishing on the linda D IV
With captain Bobby. I'm sorry the communication between you guys .
I did speak to him after this review and he told me his side of the story.
I understand ur frustration and dislike. All I can say its I hope you give us another chance and if you decide to do so make sure u fish with me on the Linda D V . It would def change ur mind and u ll have a great memorable fishing experience.

Best regards
Capt Billy
Bemidji, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Had a Blast!”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

This was the second time out on the Linda D for us and we had a great time. Capt Billy and Joe are extremely knowledgeable and very professional, I would recommend them to anyone. We will definitely go out with them again when we return to Key West.

Key West, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“LOOK NO FURTHER......This Guy Is Good !”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Clean boat, courteous Captain and Mate. Extremely knowledgable and helpful. Would definitely recommend !