When we drove up I was a little concern because the outside lamp post were broken or only had one light. The hotel looked like it had just undergone a paint job and in fact they were painting inside the covered garage.
We arrived earlier than the check in time and a suite was ready but it was on the second floor. We were not to pleased about this as the main street was right outside and we felt like there would be constant traffic noise. We asked if there were any others available on the 4th floor, the highest, but they only have suites on second and third. The third floor suites were not ready to check in but we opt to wait, since we only had time to kill.
I must say by the time that we got back, our suite was ready and I was pleasantly surprised. We stayed in #305. I probably would have liked something a little more centered but this was still a nice view. There is a large patio from the living room to the bedroom. However, I must say even being on the 3rd floor the patio doors are so thin that you do pick up alot of traffic noise.
The room was very spacious and well done. You had a full size kitchen with washer & dryer, a dining area, living room. I really liked the seperation of the bedroom, vanity and bathroom. Plenty of closet space, you really could just live there.
My only minor complaint is that they need to update their coffee machine, as it only makes one cup at a time. For a room that large, there most likely will be more than one person staying there. The fridge was a household size and they provided dishes for cooking.
We found the continental breakfast just okay. The pool was a nice size, well kept and the jacuzzi was hot with large towels to dry off with.
I have ten years of hotel experience and I must say that this could be a very nice property and I see that they were making improvements. However, they need to start with their front desk staff afterall, first impressions are lasting impressions. I did not see anyone dress professionally but sloppy. I understand this is Florida and it does get hot, but they seem to come to work like they just fell out of bed. You couldn't tell who actually worked there or if they were a guest. Seemed like the housekeeping or maintenance people were properly identifiable with a logo shirt on. I was not impressed by the staffs non chalant attitudes and it certainly is true that you dress the way you feel.
My overall stay was good and I would stay there again but hopefully the next time the staff will be properly attired.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mostly suite accommodations of 1200 Square feet with master bedrooms full size living areas, and full kitchens with washer and dryer in the suite. All suites have bay views from a double balcony, and the two and three bedroom suites 2300 square feet have a second level with a private sunning balcony overlooking the island community. For the value traveler we offer standard rooms. 110 Square feet, flat screen TV, clean and comfortable, but does not provide a view or a balcony. Perfect for overnight sightseeing trips, or overnight after a great fishing adventure. A free continental breakfast awaits you every morning. Parking, WIFI, and concierge services are all free. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz and HotelQuickly so you can book your Key West Bayside Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge And Suites Key West
- Travelodge & Suites Key West Hotel Key West
- Travelodge Hotel Key West
- Travel Lodge Key West
- Travelodge Key West
- Key West Travel Lodge
- Key West Travelodge