“Location location location” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hyatt Sunset Harbor Resort
Ranked #44 of 51 Hotels in Key West
“Location location location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

First and foremost, this property is a timeshare. It is an excellent place to stay. Which is why I stay here 4 to 7 weeks a year. The staff is excellent, friendly, and always wiling to help you with anything. And the location is perfect.

• Stayed March 2013
4 Thank Aresbaby
Derek N, General Manager at Hyatt Sunset Harbor Resort, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you, Clyde & Tammy! It was great seeing you again & great visiting with you during your recent stay. We'll see you again in December and the same time again next year!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

Just returned from the Hyatt Sunset Key West and I can't say enough about how great this place is!! From the rooms to the decor and gardens, entertainment, pool, and excellent staff!! They were EXTREMELY accommodating to us (and the issue was our fault not theirs). I can't believe there was ever a bad review!! The place was clean, beautiful, fun, quiet, close to everything , great concierge, poolside entertainment and drinks daily,and did I mention the STAFF!!!! I will recommend this resort to everyone I can ! Thank you for making our vacation great! We will back and will bring our whole family..I will say if you rent from a timeshare owner be careful!! Thank you again girls at the front desk for all your help. Tom and Deb Swartz Harrisburg Pa

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Tom S
Derek N, General Manager at Hyatt Sunset Harbor Resort, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Mr. & Mrs. Swartz,

Thank you so much for your kind words about our resort! We are so happy that you enjoyed your time here and that we were able to accommodate you and your family. We hope to see you and the rest of your family again soon!
houston tx
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

I love love love this place. I come back whenever I can. Superb location. Walking distance to everything worth doing on the island. Seriously. And if you're not a walking person. Rent the electric carts and get going. Right on the boardwalk. Yes the cruises show up but they're not bad. Get a third floor room if you like a view. Little palm Island shuttle is right below the resort.
Yes we own but we've never been tempted to buy anywhere else we love it here so much. Great for older couples or middle agers or families. We've been with them all. We kayak, swim, sail, shop, eat, do it all. Always clean, quickly resolves any issues you have if you just ask, beautiful rooms.

Personally don't get the studio unless as part of the other condo. Not a good view normally but it's a bedroom after all.

Take your car and head up the keys to some great places like the Square Grouper restaurant. Or isla morada. Don't miss fort Jefferson.

Hope you go. It's wonderful. Never in 20 years had a complaint.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank diagiordano
Derek N, General Manager at Hyatt Sunset Harbor Resort, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words regarding our resort. I am so pleased that you enjoy our location and the activities Key West has to offer. There always seems to be something going on in our neighborhood and there are certainly a wide variety of cuisines offered at area restaurants. Thank you again for your feedback. I am more than happy you had another great stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.
Ledyard, Connecticut
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

The studio is worse than an Econolodge. If you are OK with paying over $300 for a cave with a great location, then this place is for you. I doubt that the 1 BR would be substantially better since heating and ventilation desperately need to be replaced. The bathrooms are beyond tired and there is no poolside amenities of any kind. The location could not be better. We own at the Hyatt Windward Pointe and we would recommend that you stay there and drive downtown. Parking is convenient on both sides of down and Sunset Harbor charges you anyway - so what is the point? Stay away from this tired, noisy, out-of-date hotel.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank LedyardTraveler
Derek N, General Manager at Hyatt Sunset Harbor Resort, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Please accept my sincere apologies for not being able to exceed your expectations during your recent stay with us at Sunset Harbor. To address some of your concerns, we did have our bathrooms refreshed last spring with a variety of upgrades and over the past several months we have been systematically replacing our HVAC units. I was pleased to hear that you liked the location of our resort, but wish that we could have done better at communicating the specific amenities and layout of our Studio units. I hope you consider staying with us again during your next stay in Key West. If I can be of any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the resort.
Reedville, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

Some of the other reviews on the studio rooms are right on. The windows facing the street are single pane glass and do nothing to keep the noise outside from being a big distraction. The management needs to replace these windows with insulated double pane windows ASAP. The bathroom is poorly designed and needs to have a privacy door installed. The pool area is great, the location on sunset point at Mallory square can't be beat and it's one block from all the action. The units need some TLC and updating (rug stains, tile grout moldy).

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Duke001
I would like to apologize for the dissatisfaction you had with your Studio unit. We appreciate every bit of feedback, as it is suggestions like yours that help us to improve Sunset Harbor. I am happy that you enjoyed the amenities here at Sunset Harbor, such as the pool and our fabulous sunset view! If you may have any other suggestions please feel free to contact the resort directly. We look forward to hopefully seeing you during your next stay in Key West.
Ottawa, ON
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

I was driving down from fort Myer but found out I left stuff for my GPS at Siesta Keys so had to drive back to pick it up. Stopped in Siesta Key for a late brunch and started to drive down to Key West, stopping in Miami for dinner.

Called Sunset Harbor to say I will be late. They told me no problems and if I get there after 11pm, there is a security guard who can let me in. Was a bit tired on the drive down so stopped for coffee and ended up napping briefly. Arrived in the middle of the night and it was a mess. The security guard claimed that it was his first night and said he did not know to where the unit is, where the elevator is, where can I park, etc. Really not what I need late night.

He could not find my packet and other information for the longest time and ended up giving me the list of checkins to find my name.. Uhmm, I could have chosen a 2bdrm for a week instead of my 1bdrm for 4 nights. Apparently the night security guards are outside subcontractors but this particular one is either lazy or incompetent. When he was having problems, I asked if there is someone he could call and he claimed No. I have to find the luggage cart and elevator myself and find the unit. No offer to help with the luggage or anything nor any verbal information.

The unit faced the docks in and the 1bdrm have the living room with a balcony. Fairly spacious and well equiped kitchen but TV set into a cabinet at the end of the kitchen counter was a bit strange and inconvenient.

Bedroom was small but adequate with 2 night table and a safe in the closet. Bathroom was a little small and spacing / location of toilet paper holder, etc. is a bit too low. Bathtub was pretty low/shallow. Some wear and tear on a few items in the unit but some kitchen appliances looked new.

The lcoation is very good right beside the Westin and down the street from Mallory Sq. . Parking ended up being in the garage in the Westin for $35. Front desk staff is fairly helpful and gives information about places to go and things to do.

Another major issue is the internet. It is very slow and sometimes not connectable from my unit. Tried to use the PC in the lobby to print out some information and it is an anceint Gateway that takes up to 2 minutes to load a page. Not sure if it is due to ISP or computer.

There are a few drinks parties for about an hour on 2 afternoons but part of the purpose is for the Hyatt Sales Rep to try and timeshare appointments. Not interested to trade 90 mins of my time for a small amount of money but interested to see what the pricing is and what new property is coming onboard so agreed to meet the sales rep for 20 mins on the day I am leaving without the incentive. lol Took far too long and a little too much sales rather than the information update I was after.

On at least 3 mornings there were large cruise ships parked outside the resort from 7-8am and till 1pm or sunset. Sometimes as many as 3 cruise ships in the docks. if you like privacy, this may have some drawbacks.

I have stayed at Beach House twice before and like Key West and Sunset Harbour is a great location but not without a few issues.

Guest can get discount from dining at Hyatt hotel but my bill from Hyatt did not get posted before I left but was billed way later.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Mary H
Derek N, General Manager at Hyatt Sunset Harbor Resort, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
I sincerely apologize for your check in experience at the beginning of your stay with us at Sunset Harbor. Rest assured, your experience is certainly neither typical nor acceptable. We have addressed this with the management of our Security company & have taken the appropriate actions to ensure that it does not happen again in the future.

Although we did not exceed your expectations, I am pleased that you had an overall good experience. Thank you for your positive comments regarding the location of our resort, the size of your living room, kitchen accommodations and the helpfulness of our Front Desk staff.

We hope to see you again soon at the Hyatt Sunset Harbor!
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

We were in Key West the Week of Feb 7th. It started with the great service from the ladies behind the desk. (sahara) was def our favorite. Everyone that worked there was very nice and helpful. Our room was not ready (we were cpl hrs early)so we had to leave our bags in the walkway off the "lobby" I was not a huge fan of that but trusted that they would be ok out in the open. We went down to Duval street and had a great time, came back and our bags were there not touched at all. I had some business going on back home that I needed to deal with, they were very friendly with faxing things back and forth for me. Our room was clean and very nice, we stayed in the rooms that had upstairs and downstairs, beautiful view of sunset and looking at the cruise ships. Over all it was a great experience and I would def stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank lreppaf
Derek N, General Manager at Hyatt Sunset Harbor Resort, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words! I have forwarded your comments to our Front Desk associates, including Sahara, thanking them for the excellent customer service they provided. It's always great to hear positive comments that we can pass along to our team. We hope to welcome you back the next time you are in Key West.