“Just perfect”

Ranked #3 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Hummelstown, Pennsylvania
“Just perfect”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Thank you to all the Trip Advisor contributors who rated this hotel! I chose it because of the great reviews and we were not a bit disappointed. Everything was perfect! The staff, the service, the spotlessly clean rooms, the location, the breakfast, the happy hour----what more can I say? The hotel is small enough that you are comfortable with the surroundings and the staff from the time of your arrival. We stayed five nights in March and if we return to Key West, we will definitely stay at the Almond Tree again. Thanks to Bill, Sean, and Jose----hope to see you again in a couple years!

Room Tip: We had a deluxe king room, ground level, right at the pool! #105....very nice!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank AandK07

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (357)
Michigan City, Indiana
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Once again I was able to visit Key West my favorite place in the USA. Spent a week at the Almond Tree and it was again Awesome!!! The staff was so helpful and always went the extra mile. This hotel is in the heart of Key West and you feel like your in your own little world. The pool and hot tub are a very welcome treat, The beds are the best and I believe the pillow was made by an angle, some of the best sleep I have ever had. If your heading to Key West you really need to stop and stay awhile.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank dmayer12
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

It was the first trip for both couples. This hotel offered everything you could want. The rooms were wonderful and the staff could not have been more helpful. I know where are vacation plans are next year!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Paula P
LaPorte, Indiana
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Stayed in late February. Welcome relief from our Northern weather. Spot is located right in the middle of Olde Town with all of its activities, yet feels secluded with its own ambience of privacy and quiet. Staff is exceptional, always looking for some way to help. Complimentary breakfast is more than you could ask for. Service and surroundings are immaculate. Pool and hot tub were very relaxing. Elevator for second story was very convenient when getting baggage to room. Bedding is luxurious. Best ever. Even better than at home. Linens are plentiful as well as the amenities, soaps, shampoos, conditioners, lotions. Can't say enough about how well I was treated. Able to relax, read and enjoy my stay. Will definitely return.

Room Tip: I preferred the second floor. No ceiling noise, less traffic and elevator.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mary L
Ossett, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

We arrived after 6pm a lot later than we expected after a long drive we were made welcome and offered a glass of wine while we checked in which was much appreciated.
Our room was lovely cleaned to a hight standard with everything you could need, a little fussy for some not us just what we needed and very comfortable.
The pool area was nice clean lovely pool and a nice little sun trap, the public area and was not as big as I expected, I think it had been well photographed but this was still very nice and was not a problem. The staff were all friendly and very help full.
The only but was the breakfast I would have preferred to make my own toast get my own coffee etc you just got the impression they didn't want you to get to much and the two mornings we were there ten sharp all boxed up and in the fridge for another day.
The rooms were not cheap and I am sure there are cheaper places but you get what you pay for.
I would stay here again no problem and recommend.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed March 17, 2014

This was my first visit to Key West and the Almond Tree was a perfect choice to stay. It offered convenient location to old town and Duvall Street but was far enough away to not hear the noise when you wanted to rest. Shawn was there to help me check in when I arrived late and got lost. He was very knowledgeable of the area and set up several activities for me including Danger Charters to go snorkeling / kayaking. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Mattapoisett, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 15, 2014

This is a wonderful place to stay in Key West. The rooms are large, clean and comfortable. The area around the pool is beautiful, surrounded by palm trees with orchids growing on them and a waterfall and fish pond. At night time it is lit up and appears magical and festive. It is very close to Duval Street and all of the shopping and restaurants, yet feels like an oasis when you walk through the gates. The staff could not have been more friendly and helpful. They were more than happy to help when you needed anything but were never intrusive. I would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends and family and hope to return again soon.

Room Tip: The queen suites were quite large with a separate sitting area and large bathroom.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends