“How to make your Tongue mad!”
Review of The Stoned Crab

The Stoned Crab
Ranked #180 of 459 Restaurants in Key West
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Stoned Crab is the only restaurant in Key West that has three dedicated fishing boats providing the chefs daily with fresh caught lobster, stone crab and other local sustainable species like Grouper, Hogfish, Snapper, Yellowtail and Cobia.You will not get fresher seafood anywhere in The Florida Keys.The bar at The Stoned Crab is a favored local hangout so there is always a fun crowd that keeps the place lively. No reservations needed. Free parking.
Reviewed June 6, 2013

While in Key West, we wanted to eat at a restaurant that specializes in great seafood. The Stoned Crab filled that desire and some. We both ordered the stone and king crab combo and folks, if I missed my mouth with a bite, my tongue would be mad for a week!! They delivered a huge amount of crab in a small bucket with the extras on a side plate and it was way more than we could eat, AND only 260 calories!!! Sweet!!! The drinks(margarita and Mojito) were excellent and although we did order an appetizer, the meal was so good I forgot what it was. We also had a new waiter that forgot we were there, but the manager took good care of us. Cost for 2..? 68.00 plus tip. Worth it!

3  Thank Jondonjerry
ChrisHollandKeyWest, Owner at The Stoned Crab, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

I travel a lot. I can no longer order seafood at any other restaurant because I am so spoiled by the quality of our fresh fish and shellfish. We have a great kitchen, but they are given the best possible seafood any chef could ever hope for. It's a gift that comes from having our own boats and talented fishermen. Come on back and drive yourself crazy again. I am with you all the way.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,613)

Reviewed June 5, 2013

My wife and I went to The Stoned Crab tonight 6/5/2013, our server was Nicole, the best, you need to ask for her. the selection was great and Nicole guided us to share one of the streamed pots which was great. I had read past reviews that service was slow, well not any more. Service was very fast, seeing this I asked to speak to the manager," Uwe" he told me that slow service was in the past and that he had only worked their 3 weeks. If you want a good dining experience with excellent service and management GO to The Stoned Crab at least once when your in Key West

3  Thank Georgia H

Good food isn't always fast. That being said, the servers should never be slow. Uwe is doing a great job with the "front of the house". I am proud of him and the staff that have improved so much. You did a great thing talking to him. That's what I love about Tripadvisor. You find out how you are really doing. Apart from the occasional crazy reviews every place suffers through, most reviewers tell the truth and that is so helpful to the managers and owners. Thanks for the compliments too!

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Thank goodness this place is there....without it there would be almost nowhere to eat on that side of key west (except chains and fast food)! It did take a while to get someone to take our order, but the food was good and service was fine after the initial wait. Good casual place.

3  Thank kath91982

Some people call our area the local end of the island. There are actually more tourist hotels around us than there are downtown, but very few "real" restaurants to choose from. Thank you for pointing that out. I am glad you enjoyed your meal and the service.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

nothing special - almost annoying - our server swore most of the time and was obviously not happy - i guess she had almost every table going by herself ...i probably would have swore too! (just not infront of the guests though! so i was shocked that she didnt give a '****,,,,it was simply ok ...the fish was good (snapper with fries in a basket), the fish tacos werent bad...the drinks were OK..kinda pina colado slushies...i guess ...70 bucks with tip for a meal that was average was kind of disappointing! especially as we had worked so hard to get to the keys and travel down there on a motorcycle ...was probably the lowlight of our whole trip ...including the room in the hotel just by the stoned crab that was simply awful ...hated THAT HOTEL...yuck...put you two chairs outside to smoke in the car park ....and it had polka dot doors and a pink, lilac room....too wierd for me....only place available to stay though....believe me ...we spent two hours trying to find somewhere to stay...we can see why this hotel room was still available! hated it! and so disappointed here.

3  Thank Transformations777
ChrisHollandKeyWest, Owner at The Stoned Crab, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Wow, I can't believe one of our servers was using foul language and complaining about her job to our guests. I apologize on her behalf. Come on back and you will see that is not normal here. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

I ate at the Stoned Crab this evening with some friends and we had a fantastic dinner. We had conch fritters and oysters as appetizers (actually, the oysters were gritty so I wouldn't recommend them but everything else was terrific), and Ibis Bay steamers, and stone crab claws for dinner.

The steamer pots were huge and filled with generous amounts of stone crab claws, king crab legs, clams, and mussels, all fresh and cooked to perfection. It was exactly the Key West seafood meal I was looking for and I would recommend it to anyone.

Our waiter Sam was very good, friendly, and gave us good explanation of the way they catch all the fish and stone crabs. Uwe entertained us a bit as well. Just a very friendly atmosphere, all open air, a quintessential vacation dinner. I plan to return on my next trip to town.

3  Thank jmarious
ChrisHollandKeyWest, Owner at The Stoned Crab, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Thank you, jmarious! A lot of our guests eat here every time they visit Key West. They say a trip to Key West isn't complete without our stone crab. Next time you come in your oysters are on the house. Just bring in a print out of this review and response. See you then!!