“Great food, awesome bar staff”
Review of The Stoned Crab

The Stoned Crab
Ranked #180 of 460 Restaurants in Key West
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Stoned Crab is the only restaurant in Key West that has three dedicated fishing boats providing the chefs daily with fresh caught lobster, stone crab and other local sustainable species like Grouper, Hogfish, Snapper, Yellowtail and Cobia.You will not get fresher seafood anywhere in The Florida Keys.The bar at The Stoned Crab is a favored local hangout so there is always a fun crowd that keeps the place lively. No reservations needed. Free parking.
Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

So stoned crab is my go to place on Saturday afternoon. My hangover spot if you will. I always come up to the bar, order a soda (which is usually already being poured for me) and order the smoked fish dip. I am never disappointed. I eat quite slow and am never rushed no matter how busy it gets. I then will order my "pool" drink, pay my tab and head out to the pool. The staff is so friendly. The food is awesome ( I do order more than the fish dip some times). And I love that I can just hop over to the pool afterward. I will miss this place for sure when I move!

ChrisHolland_Ibis, Owner at The Stoned Crab, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Having the pool connected to the restaurant gives a lot of people the chance to eat and then relax in a hammock around the pool. We have just added new poolside dining tables as well as a pool bar, so you can stay in your swimsuit all day long if you like. Thanks for a nice review. Don't move away! You're our kind of people.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,629)

Reviewed December 27, 2012

What better way to spend Xmas Eve in KW;At the Stoned Crab.Having drinks and dinner
at a waterfront view! The restaurant is just shouting a fun and relaxing atmosphere.There is
inside and outside seating,the food was great,cocktails(frozen mango margarita)my favorite sang
deck the halls and merry everything!!!I had the mutton snapper for the first time in a beer batter
melted in your mouth!And for dessert we had the sunshine cake,which is to die for!!!
The service was great,our thanks to Allen and staff,who could not be more gracious!
A second time around is for sure!!!
Happy New Year to All! Debbie

Our location is such an effective antidote for stress. Its effective immediately. I am so glad to hear that it works that way for you. Thank you for helping us spread the word.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

This was our last stop after a week in the keys and it the perfect choice. Our waiter Steve provided excellent service and was a real pleasure to meet. We had the seafood bisque and a steak sandwich. It was the best steak sandwich I've ever had. The agio garlic mayonaise spread was heavenly. The rum punches were reallly great too. Will return again.

ChrisHolland_Ibis, Owner at The Stoned Crab, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2012

You had a great steak sandwich at a seafood restaurant! We are obviously well known for our local seafood, but a lot of people come to The Stoned Crab regularly for their land-bound favorites. In fact, steaks, burgers and pasta make up 30% of our sales. Thanks for making a good point. See you again soon.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

Not a gourmet, elegant place but one we will return to again for sure! For well-cooked fresh local seafood in a place comfortable for both tourists and locals, this is it. We came for the stone crabs and returned two nights later for the stuffed Florida lobster. All was very good. Jared was our server both nights and we too thought he was great. We'll be back.

ChrisHolland_Ibis, Owner at The Stoned Crab, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2012

You zeroed in on our concept: deliver boat-to-plate local seafood in a comfortable waterfront setting. Nice and simple. And you are right about our customers; locals and visitors who come here, come back again.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

Went here on our last day in Key West. Wanted my boyfriend to try stone crab since it was in season. What a great choice! The menu was varied and reasonable, the service from Austin, our waiter, was attentive without being intrusive. Excellent food (And I am a former chef so I am picky!) The atmosphere was fun, without over the top tunes or decor. The "mascot" heron was fun to watch, and we left with a really awesome last meal in the Keys. Thank you thank you thank you! We both HIGHLY recommend this place, and if you can, request Austin :) Don't know what folks expect from reading the other reviews - stone crab is seasonal and there are certainly a variety of offerings on the menu if you want something less pricy. The portions are generous, the key lime pie is the best I have ever eaten, and everything is obviously fresh. Go for it, you won't regret it.

ChrisHolland_Ibis, Owner at The Stoned Crab, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2012

To get stone crab to taste as good as you say, we do everything ourselves. My partner and his sons run two fishing boats and have 1400 crab traps set in Key West waters. They also catch our lobster and our local fish. If you are lucky you get to see them bringing their catch into the dock. You are a Chef so you know that's every Chet's dream. Come back and see Austin and us again. Thanks for your very nice review.