“Well worth it! Fresh, excellent food, awesome staff...”
Review of The Stoned Crab

The Stoned Crab
Ranked #145 of 447 Restaurants in Key West
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Stoned Crab is the only restaurant in Key West that has three dedicated fishing boats providing the chefs daily with fresh caught lobster, stone crab and other local sustainable species like Grouper, Hogfish, Snapper, Yellowtail and Cobia.You will not get fresher seafood anywhere in The Florida Keys.The bar at The Stoned Crab is a favored local hangout so there is always a fun crowd that keeps the place lively. No reservations needed. Free parking.
Kansas City, Missouri
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Well worth it! Fresh, excellent food, awesome staff...”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Went here on our last day in Key West. Wanted my boyfriend to try stone crab since it was in season. What a great choice! The menu was varied and reasonable, the service from Austin, our waiter, was attentive without being intrusive. Excellent food (And I am a former chef so I am picky!) The atmosphere was fun, without over the top tunes or decor. The "mascot" heron was fun to watch, and we left with a really awesome last meal in the Keys. Thank you thank you thank you! We both HIGHLY recommend this place, and if you can, request Austin :) Don't know what folks expect from reading the other reviews - stone crab is seasonal and there are certainly a variety of offerings on the menu if you want something less pricy. The portions are generous, the key lime pie is the best I have ever eaten, and everything is obviously fresh. Go for it, you won't regret it.

• Visited December 2012
ChrisHolland_Ibis, Owner at The Stoned Crab, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
To get stone crab to taste as good as you say, we do everything ourselves. My partner and his sons run two fishing boats and have 1400 crab traps set in Key West waters. They also catch our lobster and our local fish. If you are lucky you get to see them bringing their catch into the dock. You are a Chef so you know that's every Chet's dream. Come back and see Austin and us again. Thanks for your very nice review.

• Polish first
Rochester, New York
“Very good overall, especially our waiter!”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Jared, our waiter, was terrific!! Very professional. He made our dining experience enjoyable because of his professionalism, attentiveness and kind demeanor. The food was very good as well so if you go to this restaurant and want the best dining experience, along side a very good meal, be sure to ask for a table in Jared's section.

• Visited December 2012
ChrisHolland_Ibis, Owner at The Stoned Crab, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
"Still waters run deep" is my way of describing Jared. His guests always enjoy his calm confidence and his charm. I will make sure he sees your review. Thank you for choosing The Stoned Crab and taking the time to recommend Jared too. I hope we see you here again soon.
Portland, Oregon
“Not Stoned Enough”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Overpriced with a nice view of a busy roadway. This is not a sit down restaurant. We stopped for a quick bite due to its convenience. The prices were plumb loco. This is a tourist trap.

Visited November 2012
ChrisHolland_Ibis, Owner at The Stoned Crab, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
It's dissapointing for us when even one guest doesn't enjoy our restaurant. Because so many guests love it. I do know Key West is expensive compared to Portland, Oregon. Frankly, if we were overpriced, the "coconut telegraph" would soon stop Key West locals from coming back. They are the backbone of our business.
Palmerton, Pennsylvania, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“We stop in every time we're in Key West”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

We enjoyed a lovely brunch of shrimp served by Austin, who was charming and attentive. Two days later brought friends for dinner. Miguel Aguiler provided service with flair and friendliness. My boyfriend asked Miguel to "surprise him" with dinner. Miguel served him a delicious and generous plate of crab. I had the lobster mac & cheese and loved it!

This was the first time we've been to it's incarnation as The Stoned Crab. We'll continue to never miss the place when in Key West. The people are great. I'm charmed by the light fixtures. It's totally my kind of place.

• Visited December 2012
ChrisHolland_Ibis, Owner at The Stoned Crab, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Austin and Miguel are equally great servers. So completely different. I wonder what Austin would have suggested for your boyfriend's meal. I know his favorite dish ... Mac and cheese! Please ask for me next time you come. I'd like to say hello. I may not be on the floor that moment but likely in my office (acting important!) Thank you for helping get the word out on Tripadvisor. Thats kind.
Minneapolis
“Yummy”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

The crab eggs Benedict, blueberry muffin and pancakes are very tasty for breakfast. Did not eat lunch or dinner, just breakfast. Staff was friendly and the birds, fish and occasional iguana add a cool waterfront atmosphere.

ChrisHolland_Ibis, Owner at The Stoned Crab, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
I am glad you enjoyed your breakfast. Our Stone Crab Eggs Benedict is a favorite breakfast dish. Did you see Shadow, our resident heron. She sits patiently on the dock but sometimes walks into the restaurant to beg for breakfast scraps. Thank you for writing your review. We all appreciate it.