“Amazing cupcakes!!!”

Ranked #8 of 8 Bakeries in Key West
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Don't know why you would review this place badly as the cupcakes are out of this world!!! First off they are colossal!! The cake is super fluffy and moist! The icing is creamy and decadent! Last but not least the taste is amazing!! If you like cake go you won't regret it!!

Reviewed June 17, 2013

I got four cupcakes from Key West Cakes. One, the Key Lime, was out of this world. The cake was moist and the key lime filling was light, airy and oh so tasty. I also got a chocolate coconut, red velvet and the Dreamsicle. With all three of these I found the cake to be a little dry and the frosting and filling to be not creamy and lush but rather heavy and way too sweet. I love cupcakes and just one of these gave me a major sugar rush. Maybe it was just a bad day.

pauliebakes, Owner at Key West Cakes, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

We are sorry our cupcakes were too sweet for you, That is something we don't really ever hear. American cakes and icing as a rule are sweet, that is to be expected when you eat a cupcake. Our key lime cupcake didn't have any icing on it, just powdered sugar and a key lime filling. Maybe you should stay away from American buttercream.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Stopped in and was faced with an array of cupcakes loaded with mile-high frosting. Everything looked so delicious. Staff was friendly and provided a plate, napkin, and fork to eat there. The place has cute bistro tables and chairs with pink and crystal chandeliers over each table. Very cute place, reasonably priced and baked goods are perfect for that sugar fix! Yum!

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Coming from Utah, I needed to arrange to have a birthday cake ready for a Sunday. Even though Key West Cakes was not open on Sunday, they did deliver! Everything was exactly as ordered - a great tropical designed carrot cake. Asked to serve 40 and it was large enough for 60. It was the best I have had! Trust Key West Cakes with any occasion, they will provide everything you agree too.

1  Thank kalypso333
Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

From the moment I emailed Key West Cakes I knew that they were who I wanted to trust to make our 5 year Anniversary special.
From start to finish the staff were friendly and helpful. With their help I was able to pull of a surprise for my husband. They made a replica of our wedding cake then delivered it to the restaurant we were eating at for no extra fee at all. The cake was beautiful and tasted delicious! I was so thankful to them for doing such a great job!Will try again for other delicious treats next time we are in town.