“Key lime ice cream was very good”
Review of Key West Cakes

Key West Cakes
Ranked #7 of 8 Bakeries in Key West
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Las Cruces, New Mexico
“Key lime ice cream was very good”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

The key lime flavored ice cream is tart and flavorful and not too sweet. It could have been creamer. The shop has some simple gift options, too.

Visited January 2013
pauliebakes, Owner at Key West Cakes, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for the review, but I think you have the wrong business, as we don't sell ice cream.

Winchester, Virginia
“Amazing customer service, amazing cake!!”
Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

My partner stopped by Key West Cakes last minute to see if maybe they had something sweet to take to an anniversary party at our timeshare. The owners and staff were not only accommodating but they went above and beyond to make sure we had a BEAUTIFUL cake for the party. It is so good to see that some businesses have not lost the fine art of exceeding expectation and delivering an exceptional product. This raspberry chocolate cake was hands down THE BEST dessert I have ever tasted. Thank you thank you thank you again for an amazing job! Well done!

1 Thank Michaelman_26
Charlestown, Rhode Island, United States
“Delicious! - A little bit off the beaten path but worth the trip -”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Key West Cakes

This is an adorable place with a couple of tables to sit down and enjoy cupcakes, cookies and a fresh cup of coffee.
The staff is friendly and helpful.

Our first experience at Key West Cakes was in October of 2012 -
We had the Dreamsicle, Blondie and Lemon cupcakes.
WOW! not only beautiful but delicious.

We went back in January 2013, almost daily, and had a few cupcakes:
Key Lime - Key Lime Mousse
Coconut - Coconut Butter Cream
Smores
Guava
Passion Fruit
All wonderfully decadent.

The Rugelach and the Pecorino Cheese Black Pepper Biscotti are my 2 favorite cookies.

If you're lucky enough to visit on a Tuesday you may find Paul cooking his Chicken Pot Pies, Cheese Lasagna or Tortellini alla Creama Rosa - take some home, it's really good.

After reading the reviews on Trip Advisor I have to admit that I feel like I missed out by not ordering the Red Velvet Cupcake.
I guess on our next visit to Key West we will just have to pedal our bicycles back to Key West Cakes and try one of those too!

• Visited January 2013
“Yummmmm!”
Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

I love this place. Everything has always been so delicious. I can't even begin to choose a favorite flavor of cupcake. Maybe the guava or the coconut. You really can't go wrong. Also has the best pot pie!

2 Thank Melussa
Vienna, Virginia
“No Question - The Best”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Ok. Let's start with the frosting. The staff is knowledgeable, intelligent and extremely pleasant; so if you have any questions or need any help, feel confident you'll receive what you need. It's a charming place, and actually has a couple of small tables should you decide you must eat NOW. Now... the heart of the matter. I've had quite a number of items from Key West Cakes, and have know many people who have sampled a variety of their goods. I've never heard anything but raves. Personally, I have a passion for cupcakes. These are unquestionably the best. They have a huge variety of delectable combinations, all of which (as far as I've seen) are filled as well as topped with rich, perfectly smooth and creamy buttercream frosting. The only warning I'll give is this: they're not for those who don't like sweets. (Should be obvious). Other than that, Heaven. That's all. Pure Heaven.
Epilogue- I recently ordered a cake. Besides how flavorful it was, I was awestruck by how gorgeous it was. It was truly a work of art. Enough. Enjoy.

• Visited January 2013