“Great time at the Speakeasy!”
Review of Speakeasy Inn

Speakeasy Inn
Ranked #15 of 77 Key West B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We just got back from a 4-night stay at the Speakasy Inn and we had a wonderful time! The room was pleasant, clean and quiet. Bahama Bob at the Rum Bar was so friendly and really knows all about different rums. My husband loved the mojitos and I loved the rum punch. The breakfast was nice every morning and Freda was very helpful with information about what to do during the day. We'll be back!

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 2 and loved it! We had our own little balcony which seemed like we were in our ow...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank PattiRox

Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed in many properties in Key West in the past 5 Years and the Speakeasy Inn and Rum Bar has to be my #1. This is the first hotel I look to stay at in KW and when it's available you will see me here. When they are booked (which is all the time) I still visit for the Rum Bar. The hotel rooms are clean, bright, very cute key west look/style. I cannot say how much I love this place and the owners are so amazing and sweet. Drinks are discounted for hotel guests and they serve a complementary continental breakfast. Bob! One of their bartenders is one of the top mixologist in Key West. If the Speakeasy is reading this, love you guys! And thank you for the above and beyond service for the past 5 years!

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Robele4
Reviewed August 9, 2013

So, my husband and I were referred to The Speakeasy Inn by my sister who had visited 20 years ago! The fact that it's still there after so long speaks volumes to me. We went on our honeymoon in July/Aug of 2013. I can't say enough about this place. I will try to get everything in, though. Making the reservations was extremely simple and we spoke to Barbara to do this. What a sweetheart! We didn't have the chance to meet her because she was out of town, but she still handles all reservations. We only needed to give her the dates and she asked us if we would mind switching rooms after the first night, (to move us into a better room because we were staying for an entire week), and give her one night's deposit. We knew this was where we wanted to stay, and we're not high maintenance, so we didn't mind at all. I'm glad they didn't just assume we'd be okay with that because some people might be irritated by it. In any case, the staff was so friendly, from the maintenance man & the office staff to the bartenders working in the rum bar, we felt so welcomed. By the way, Bahama Bob only works certain days, so those of you wanting to meet him can call and ask his schedule. We met at least four different bartenders and all of them had great recommendations for us and were a pleasure to talk to. The rum bar is the place to get your drinks... strongest drinks - best prices - best value for drinks on the entire island. Not to mention, if you are a guest at the Speakeasy, you get a buck off of your drinks at the bar. Nice discount! There is not a full (hot) breakfast, but fruit, yogurt, breads, cheese, eggs, meats, coffee, juice, cereals, really what more do you need? And this is all included. The cleaning lady wanted to come in every morning to give us fresh towels, fresh toiletries, (even a fresh bath mat!), bottled water and to take out our trash. Of course, a couple of times, we told her we were fine. I smoke, and an ashtray was provided, and emptied several times each day. Whenever we had a question, the bartenders or office staff had the perfect answer. I think we even got the cheapest scooter on the island, (from Moped Hospital) because of our bartender's recommendation. The room was quaint, had an island feel, and was simply decorated with some local art, (which I appreciate because clutter doesn't belong in a relaxed atmosphere). I can't speak on the cable because we didn't turn on the television once. There was a seating area outside and inside, a mini fridge, and a microwave, (but no stove for those of you who like to cook). There were so many fantastic places to eat within walking distance we didn't need any food in our room. Oh, and almost everything is in walking distance. However, the party end of Duval was on the other end and about a 20 minute walk and Mallory Square was about 35 minute walk. We're young and healthy so this was no problem for us, and during the walk, there is so much window shopping you almost don't notice it. Plus, we were NEVER in a hurry to get anywhere, so keep all this in mind. Bed was very comfortable, great water pressure in the shower, (it's one thing that makes me happy), room was very clean, window unit kept room very cool. Again, I can't say enough about this place. If you are deciding on a place to stay, look no further. Though they have no pool, we were very happy and will never look for anywhere else to stay when we visit every year for our honeymoon. Please see my other reviews on restaurants.

Room Tip: All rooms are perfect. If you need a little bit of a bigger room, just ask. They will do anything...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 7, 2013

It was clean, hospitality was excellant and I would recomend to everyone.The breakfast that was good and different just enough to get your day started with your many adventures you may have in store for yourselves.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Recently my boyfriend and I went on a Romantic and Fun vacation to the Key West. Unfortunately, we didn't stay at the Speakeasy Inn, but after 3 days of visiting almost every bar on the Duval St, we accidentally found the "Rum Bar". It's close enough to the beach that you can enjoy the ocean breeze, it also has amazing music, but not too loud so you can actually have a CONVERSATION with the all amazing people at the place, and it has the BEST drinks you will have in your entire vacation to the keys. Our favorite drink was "the Hurricane". A tip of advise though, eat some protein before visiting this "the Rum bar", because once you sit you will find yourself sooo comfortable that it will be almost impossible to leave. Take it from me, I love beers, wine and rum.. but after 3 Hurricanes I was feeling a little bit more than Tipsy. Now that Im back home, I only wish that my closest bar was as relaxing and cool as the " Rum Bar". (Large Variety of Rums )

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2013

My husband and I had a wonderful stay at the Speakeasy Inn in May 2013. It was a great location on Duval St. Not to close to the action, but not too far away. It was perfect!

The rooms were great! Huge comfortable bed and so cozy. Barbara was wonderful as well! Breakfast was great and the homemade pecan coffee cake was out of this world!

We checked in late and it was a breeze. We would definitely stay at the Speakeasy Inn on a return trip to Key West!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We just returned from Key West with our adult daughter and her two friends visiting from London. Speakeasy is a GREAT spot ~ small, wonderful Continental-plus breakfast, great cottage-like rooms with fridge and a fantastic location! It's right on Duval but in the 1100 block so quiet at night for sleeping but a VERY short walk to everywhere. The rum bar downstairs is fantastic and the bartenders, too. This is a great staff and a great place to be. We'll be back!

Room Tip: Don't imagine there are any bad rooms but perhaps the "side" rooms would be more quiet...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends