“Absolutely amazing and first class with everything!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Southernmost Beach Resort

Southernmost Beach Resort
Ranked #11 of 48 Hotels in Key West
Chicago, Illinois
“Absolutely amazing and first class with everything!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was the most wonderful experience in Key West! We stayed here two nights, almost like a second honeymoon for our 37 yr marriage. Our oceanfront room was gorgeous, the view from the balcony was awesome, the amenities were sensational, including the espresso machine, chocolates on the pillows, and a beautiful king size super comfy bed. You'll pay for all these first class high quality accommodations, but it's grand. Beautiful memories for us!

• Stayed June 2014
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
2 Thank Scarlettdm
M_Babich, General Manager at Southernmost Beach Resort, responded to this review, August 9, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I’m so pleased to know that you had such a wonderful time with us and it is so gratifying to read that our accommodations made you feel like you were experiencing a second honeymoon! Thank you for sharing your wonderful memories with us and I hope you and your husband with visit us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,042)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Ulceby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

Five star hotel, lovely rooms with the most comfortable beds. The staff were very helpful and couldn't do enough for us. Used the concierge to book a sunset sail. Lovely pool and grounds with lots of bars. Would have no problem revisiting anytime

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Tamara S
M_Babich, General Manager at Southernmost Beach Resort, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review of our property. I really appreciate all of the kind words you have for our resort and staff and I am very pleased you look forward to returning to us in the future. I know that our staff members genuinely want our guests to have a fantastic time while visiting and your praise is very much appreciated. Thank you again for writing your review and we look forward to seeing you very soon.
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

My wife and I had a fantastic stay at the La Mer Hotel. The beachfront location was perfect. My wife especially enjoyed the breakfast and afternoon tea times. And there are not enough kind words to describe our experiences with the staff; from Larry and Randal who greeted us, to Sam and Steve who served breakfast and tea, to Fletcher and Magic who oversaw the beach chairs. All were easy to relate to and made sure our stay was top-notch.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

This was one of my most memorable trips to Key West. The staff was amazing and made it a point to remember my name. My room was impeccably clean and the poolside staff was extremely helpful and friendly. I will always stay at the Southernmost whenever i visit Key West.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review of our property Nelson T. I am so pleased that you had a memorable stay! Thank you for letting us know how well you were treated by our staff members and how much you enjoyed your room. We strive to provide exceptional customer service for every guest and I’m very proud we were able to do this for you. Thank you again for taking the time to write your review and we all look forward to seeing you again.
Franklin, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Southernmost on the Beach for a girls trip. We are in our late 40's and are all seasoned travelers. The resort is beautiful, we were in building "A" however I've definitely stayed in better! Complaints: our room never cooled to below 77, there were NEVER enough pool chairs, and if you are staying here because they have a little "beach", find somewhere else. The beach sucked!
Positives: clean, well decorated room with comfortable beds. Nicely manicured grounds, at the quiet end of town, the tranquility pool was awesome, except your feet will burn off if you walk barefoot. The food in Key West is some of the best cuisine I've tasted anywhere!

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Primcessdidi1
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I would like to apologize that your “girls’ trip” was not exceptional. While it is true Key West isn’t known for its beaches (we are situated on the remains of exposed coral) we are lucky to have a few man made beaches and our property has the advantage of having access to 2 of them. I’m sorry the conditions were not more favorable while you were here and the beach was not what you were expecting. I am pleased that you and your friends enjoyed your room, our grounds and Tranquility pool. I hope you will write to me and let me know which room you were in so I can have the Director of Engineering check the a/c unit. Thank you again for taking the time to write your review and I hope we will have the opportunity to make a future stay exceptional.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

My husband and I stayed for three nights over Fourth of July weekend. Our room was spacious, with a nice balcony and a view of the water. The beach was nice and the cafe on the beach was very casual and had good food. Other than a couple of disinterested people at the front desk, the staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel's location is great. It is one block from Duval Street, but the wilder part of Duval is about a mile from the hotel. I would love to stay there again.

• 3 of 5 stars
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. It is always wonderful to know that our rooms, grounds and location please our guests. I apologize that the service from our front desk personnel was below our usually high standards and your expectations. Your thoughtful comments are appreciated and will certainly be shared with the appropriate personnel. We strive to make certain every guest has the time of their life and it is always helpful to know where we succeed and where we can improve. Thank you again for taking the time to write your review and we hope for a chance to make a future stay with us exceptional.
Strasburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

Upon arriving, we received a hand-written note and a complimentary bottle of champagne to celebrate our 5th Wedding Anniversary! Started our trip on the right food for sure. The Cafe was delicious. The bartenders are the Shores Pool Bar were awesome. Michael the Activities Director was super fun and made the atmosphere and the Shores Pool so enjoyable and helped you get to know other guests. Southernmost has tons of European visitors which we found to be a breath of fresh air. Duval St is right around the corner but not "in the mix". This place was perfect in every way for what we were looking for: relaxation, fun & good food!

Cleanliness
1 Thank Jade B
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am pleased to read you had such a nice time during your 5th anniversary (congratulations!). Your kind words for our staff members Michael, our bartenders and our award winning Southernmost Beach Café are most appreciated and I will be sure to share them. Thank you again for taking the time to write your review and we look forward to seeing you soon.