“Well deserved ” 5 of 5 bubbles

Southernmost Beach Resort
Ranked #13 of 51 Hotels in Key West
“Well deserved ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

Great location and close to everything. The island is only 1 mile long so we were able to walk from one side to the other in duval. What I will recommend is not to rent a car. Waist of money! Hotel staff were great and very hospital. What I might recommend is for the hotel to clean the beach up so we could have used it. Not to my standard.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Dan F
M_Babich, General Manager at Southernmost Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. It is very gratifying to know that our hotel staff enhanced your visit and our convenient location pleased you. I do apologize for the conditions of the public beach. We try to maintain it to the best of our capabilities but when the winds pick up and the storms start blowing in there is very little that can be done to stop the sea grass. We try to combat this by cleaning the beach twice a day however, we certainly don’t want to displace any guests enjoying the beach so we clean it in the early mornings and later in the evenings. I hope you will be able to return to us, hopefully not during our windy season. Thank you again for taking the time to write your review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,144)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Clinton Township
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

Although I really liked the location and the room was clean and a good size, I was trying to make return reservations and in talking to the reservation staff on the phone I found them to be short with me and rude as I was asking questions regarding room location, balcony etc. Not only are the rates $200 more a night than last year, after the rudeness I experienced (Tanner), I am now considering another property for my Dec 2014 stay. I may have been willing to accept rate increases, although I find it offensive how high the rates are now, but the rudeness by the reservation staff was my last straw! Save yourself some money and the headache and book elsewhere!

Room Tip: Save yourself some money and look elsewhere.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
11 Thank Izzolover
M_Babich, General Manager at Southernmost Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear Izzolover, I am very disheartened to read that you feel a member of our staff treated you with anything less than exceptional customer service. I realize our rates have increased from last year however they fairly reflect the current market value and I’m sorry if they are not what you were hoping to spend. I am very happy that you loved your first visit with us last year and I hope you will consider us again when you visit Key West this December. Thank you for taking the time to write your review.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

We just returned from our stay at Southernmost on the beach a couple of days ago while celebrating our baby-moon. It was my husbands and mine first time in the Keys and would not have picked any other place to stay. Upon arrival we had a small gift basket with lotions, body washes, chocolates, and the sweetest baby frame. It was such a special touch since so many places now a days do not go above and beyond.
The rooms were very clean and the amenities were great. All of the staff was super friendly and was always asking if there was anything they could do to make our stay better. We enjoyed the tranquility pool at times because there were no children allowed, but the Shores Bar was also a lot of fun. Only suggestion is to be sure to wear flip flops everywhere in the pool area because the pavement is VERY hot and can burn your feet. The beds made for a great nights sleep...even for a 6 month pregnant lady.
The location is really great because it is off the beaten path, but within minutes of walking you are at great shops and restaurants. Terry, from concierge, gave us perfect food recommendations. We have traveled all over the world and the food in Key West was amazing.....everything from eating at the local food truck (Garbos) to one of the most romantic restaurants on the island (Latitudes). Brookey and Megan at Shores Bar were very friendly and made our stay that much better.
Overall, we would for sure go back to Southernmost on the Beach upon our return to Key West.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
      Rooms
5 Thank AllisonandJason
M_Babich, General Manager at Southernmost Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. Congratulations on your newest addition! I’m so happy to read that our staff went above and beyond to make sure that your special occasion was recognized and I’m happy you enjoyed your gifts. I will be sure to share your kind comments for Terry, Brookey and Megan with the entire team, they are truly appreciated. I look forward to your return visit and hopefully your newest family member will return with you. Thank you again for taking the time to write your review.
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

We stayed there three nights in July. The accommodations are lovely and very restful. Lots to do on the property. And lots to do in Key West. We went when it was too hot so that messed up our sightseeing a little bit but that was our fault. Just go when it's cooler if you want to enjoy everything.

Room Tip: Get one with a partial view of the ocean.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Rooms
1 Thank Anita S
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am very happy to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. The summer months do happen to be the warmest of the year but it also makes it the perfect time to get out on the water and enjoy the natural beauty of the area. Thank you again for taking the time to write to write your review and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Loimaa, Finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

Very clean and great place to stay. Stayed only one night but will be back and will recommend to friends. Short walk from restaurants and shops. Rooms were clean and everything worked as it should. Not the cheapest one but worth every dollar.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
      Location
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
M_Babich, General Manager at Southernmost Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I’m so glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and your kind words of recommendation are greatly appreciated. We strive to provide exceptional customer service for every guest every day and it is always great to hear when we succeed. Thank you again for taking the time to write your review and I hope you will visit us again.
Whippany, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

At the quiet end of Duvall Street. We stayed there four years ago, then stayed at their other property the Southernmost a Hotel this year due to availability here. Took our teenage boys when we stayed here and they had a great time. The property is very well maintained and the rooms were new and immaculate. We had an ocean view room about half way back: awesome view. Staff was very helpful. I would strongly recommend.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am very happy to read that you and your family had such a great time with us. It’s wonderful to read such kind comments and we are grateful for your words of recommendation. Your praise for our staff members is greatly appreciated and will most certainly be shared. Thank you again for taking the time to write your review and we look forward to seeing you all again.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

The location is awesome ... walk distance from landmarks, bars and restaurants. ..
The rooms are small, but nice, very clean and modern... the Staff is very helpful too!
Have 3 big pools and a deck to the ocean. .. definitely we are going to comeback!

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Naida N
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I’m happy to read that we were able to make your stay with us an experience you want to repeat. Thank you for letting us know how helpful our staff was; I know they work very hard to make sure every guest has an amazing time. We look forward to having you with us again and I would like to thank you again for writing your review, your compliments are greatly appreciated.