Just arrived back home from Key West- wish we could have stayed much, much longer! My mother and I really enjoyed this property. The Floridian-style architecture was really charming, the whole resort had - quite a "charm" to it. The service was truly excellent at every facet of the hotel we visited - from the pool to the restaurant etc. The rooms were very nice, clean, and very spacious. We had a partial ocean view room. I'm not entirely sure paying for an oceanview or partial oceanview is worth it because a) the balconies are small, not a lot of room to spend time out there anyway and b) the beach is literally right outside your door.
The bathrooms were nice as well, albeit a little odd (they had this weird alcove built for the toilet, but they didn't put a separate door like you would usually find?) There is also no tub in the standard rooms, just a shower, which was kind of a bummer.
The hotel is a bit loud, I will forewarn you. Not from loud people partying (thank goodness) but rather, the A/C unit is noisy, I could hear a lot of "room" and building noises...Btw my mom didn't notice much of these, so you probably will only be bothered if you have extremely sensitive ears such as I do. After the first night, the sounds/noises were much less. Again, I have very sensitive ears!
The pool and beach area was fantastic. We didn't go to the pools at the Southernmost Hotel , although we scoped them out. They are quite a bit smaller. Someone had told me that there was a jacuzzi at the other property, but there was not one at Southernmost on the Beach. I'm not sure why, especially at night it would have been a great addition. The pool was cold! We stayed one day for pool bingo and it was a blast! The hotel has all kinds of cool/fun activities during the week, hosted by none other than a former cruise director! The beach area is right next to the pool, and very nice. The water was too cold so I didn't get in. While the beach is public, you had to be a hotel guest to receive the free chairs. They also had a private beach as well, connected to a lovely bar, with swaying hammocks overlooking the ocean and a "tanning pier" comprising several seats directly facing the ocean. We also dined at the restaurant one night and it was divine. The servers were great and the ambiance on the ocean can't be beat! The hotel is at the southernmost point of KW Old Town, so if you are looking to party hard you are going to have to walk a little ways. But not terrible (it's a 25-minute walk from one end all the way to the other end, and there are many bars within a 10 minute walk. If strip clubs are your thing, there's one pretty close to the hotel.) We appreciated being so far from the action and enjoying the peace and quiet, but it was nice to have the option to simply walk. We also scoped out the fitness center, it was a bit small. Instead we decided to walk for exercise, which was much more lovely in a place like KW! Appreciated that amenities like free coffeemaker, an empty fridge to use at your will, and free wifi were included as they often aren't nowadays. My final comment would be that I don't quite understand why this is rated on here as a 3.5 star hotel...it's not? For over $500/night I can assure you it is much closer to a 4.5 star hotel. Yes, it's pricey, but all of KW is on the pricey side, so you might as well enjoy it when you have a chance to relax in the sunshine!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located where Duval street meets the Atlantic Ocean in historic old town, Southernmost Beach Resort stretches over 6 acres across 2 city blocks on the quieter end of Duval Street, away from the hustle of Key West activities, but close enough to the excitement when you want it. The resort offers many on-site amenities such as 3 pools, 4 bars, a private oceanfront beach with tanning pier, access to public South Beach, an oceanfront restaurant, fitness center and petite spa. Southernmost Beach Resort now encompasses the Southernmost on the Beach, Southernmost Hotel and La Mer Hotel and Dewey House all part of the former Southernmost Hotel Collection. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Southernmost Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Southernmost On The Beach Hotel Key West
- Key West Southernmost Beach
- Southernmost Beach Hotel