“Well run property”

Southernmost Beach Resort
Ranked #16 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Good hotel with well-trained staff, updated rooms (we stayed in a 3d floor room in Building A- away from the main party pool and it's partying wedding guests from Joisey). It overlooked the inner grounds and had a nice (partial) sea view. The grounds offer a variety of choice: if you want to party and ogle flesh and tattoos - the main pool is for you. If you want quiet and privacy - the private Sand Bar and pier has chairs and hammocks. Nice central location at the bottom end of Duval Street (the nice end). One thing - if you ask the concierge to call you a taxi for the airport - she calls a certain company which pays her a a small kick back (Link Taxies). We jumped into a cab that pulled into the hotel after we had waited 15 minutes for ours. Concierge was not happy with the cabbie (or us)

Room Tip: Third floor in Building A (rooms 648 or higher). Quiet and you get (enough) of a sea view without ha...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Clean, well serviced rooms, friendly professional staff, fun and enjoyable activities and great weather in the first week of December - there is nothing more that we could have asked for.

We thought our first stay, last year, at the Southernmost on the Beach was near to perfect - and this year the team there did even better!
special Thanks to Sully and Megan at the Shores bar, Greg on poolside and Mike the activities Manager - I never realized a belly flop competition could be so much fun!

Room Tip: We have stayed in the King bed Balcony Suites - the views are fantastic all around. For the best sun...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Just returned from our first trip to Key West and Southernmost on the Beach. The room was lovely and very comfortable (only wish would be for two sinks). The grounds are beautiful and spotless. Easy walk to Duval St and bike ride to the beaches. If you want to stay on the water, I would recommend without reservation. One minor request would be to upgrade the coffee to something higher quality (aka more caffeine) in the rooms. Free wifi was reliable and there are recycle bins throughout the property. Tranquility pool was a great quiet option.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 6, 2013

This place was absolutely awesome! I wasn't even planning to stay here and was merely going to spend one night to check the area out if it would be suitable for when I came back in the Spring with my Granddaughter but every time I tried to do an online reservation at another hotel my computer crashed!! By the time I had it up and running these prices were LESS then some nonwaterfront hotels! And then it crashed again..so I called. Not only did I get a decent rate but the reservationist recommended I use my AARP card thereby lowering the price even more! The room was spacious, clean, and quiet. I never heard anyone else or their TVs overhead or along side. The grounds were BEAUTIFULL and well kept and clean. The beachside café and bar was most welcoming and extraordinarily pleasant staff. Even other guests I met made recommendations to me such as being sure to also check out the sunrise! I would not hesitate to come back and stay at this hotel, as a matter of fact I'm working on that now!! There was none of the wild rowdiness that the upper end of Duval Street is infamous for. And I could easily walk along to all the shops. I LOVED it! The only draw back was that my time there was way too short!

Room Tip: Tuesday rates are less than any other day of the week!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Johanna B
Reviewed December 6, 2013

The LUXURIOUS part of a bigger Hotel compound right on the beach on the southernmost point of the US (alright we all know puerto rico and other territories not included..) In one word i can tell that is very close to perfection. Rooms are new and clean, spacious and luxurious. Services all around the Hotel are great! Spa is very good, pool and beach service are very high level (frozen towels complimentary for beach guests), green everywhere, gardens, flowers, amaca, patios..in one word i would say perfect ! WIFI working perfectly everywhere also on the sun-deck pier that is almost 100meters long and going into the caribbean sea.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank RealBusinessReview
Reviewed December 5, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Southernmost on the Beach for Thanksgiving. From the time we checked in to our check out on Monday we were more than pleased with the service and facilities at Southernmost. The concierge was great arranging bicycles for our use, making suggestions, and arranging reservations for meals. The food and waitstaff at the Southernmost Cafe on the Beach was excellent and we enjoyed drinks and a few meals there. Our housekeeper did a fabulous job cleaning our room and leaving fresh towels daily. We loved having drinks for several sunsets at Southernmost. We will definitely be returning to Southernmost again! Thank you for making our first trip to Key West most enjoyable.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Paula S
Reviewed December 4, 2013

After a great deal of careful research, we settled on Southernmost at the Beach for a girlfriends birthday celebration / getaway over Thanksgiving. The property and grounds are very well maintained. Photos on TripAdvisor give an accurate depiction. We paid a premium for holiday week, but the location was convenient to everything (if you like walking or biking this location is ideal) and the pool and private beach area are very comfortable. Would definitely stay again Had a great "pedi-sage"at the spa (thank you, Amber!); a larger spa facility would be nice but then again, appointments were a cinch to book and ran right on time.

There was a wedding "after party" very very late one night, but one call to the front desk resolved the disturbance within five minutes flat.

The Beach Cafe was great to have on site; only had one meal there so cannot give much of a review other than to say that my friend very much enjoyed her grilled mahi salad, while my blackened mahi tacos left a bit to be desired...drinks at all three bars were generously poured!

I'd recommend the hotel for friends, families, even solo travelers.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends