“Barbara”

Southernmost Beach Resort
Ranked #14 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Great resort. This was a family vacation with our children being in their late teens. The room, pool, grounds, fitness center and staff were all excellent. The location of this resort is excellent. It is close to all the attractions yet it has beach front access and is just far enough (but within walking distance) to the hustle and bustle of downtown Duval Street. We would definitely return.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Barb R
Colleen M, Guest Relations Manager at Southernmost Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am happy to read that you found everything about our property and location excellent. Family vacations are so important and it’s wonderful to know that you have happy memories of your time here as a family and that we are a part of them. We strive for exceptional customer service every day for every guest and I’m glad we were able to do this for you and your family. Thank you again for taking the time to write your review and we look forward to hosting another family vacation for you in the future.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

I did my homework before coming to Key West and I'm really glad I did. Southernmost on the Beach has it all. It has it's own little beach, 2 pools, poolside bars and an open air breafkast/lunch/dinner cafe right on the beach. It also has a concierge, a very small spa (where I got a lovely masssage!), water sports & excursions, outdoor games like cornhole, water basketball, and much much more. They really thought of everything. It's not a way over the top ritzy type of place but very family oriented. The prices in the cafe are very reasonable. There is always something going on too. They have alot of activities -- especially poolside like bingo, wine school, beer school, funny poolside contests like sexiest man, belly flop contests etc. Very fun. It's also located just a short walk away from all the craziness of Duval Street. Close enough to walk to but not so close that you hear it all night long. The staff was very nice and attentive too. And the rooms were spacious and beautiful. Recently renovated, they had safes, flat screen tvs, balconies, refridgerators, etc. Very nice property. I would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review of our property. I am so glad that your homework led you to our resort and that you were not disappointed. We do try to anticipate our guests’ needs before they do so their stay is relaxed and stress free. We are fortunate that the size and location of our property allows all of our guests to find their own piece of paradise. Guests can lounge poolside and listen to live music or grab a hammock on our West Lawn or take in the serenity of the breeze and water on our private tanning pier. There are so many options, I’m glad you found exactly what you were looking for. Thank you again for taking the time to write your review and we hope you’ll stay with us again if your travels should ever bring you back to Key West.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

This is truly a resort experience: Full service concierge (thank you Julie and Brian), Access to relaxing pools, poolside bars, live entertainment, beach front access with full service beach attendant, lawn games, resort activities, excellent/clean property, beautiful rooms with great views. This resort is also a quiet place to relax, if you want to get away from busy Duval St. I have no reservations- and have every intention of staying here in the future. The Southernmost Beach Cafe was excellent- wonderful food. Our room was updated, clean, and the A/C worked great!!! This is THE PERFECT hotel to stay at in Key West.

1  Thank SteveCami
Colleen M, Guest Relations Manager at Southernmost Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I’m so glad you found our resort perfect and look forward to visiting us again. We are very lucky to be located on the quieter end of Duval Street but are close enough to the action that most of our guests enjoy the leisurely stroll to the other end. Our award winning Southernmost Beach Café offers casual ocean front dining with an amazing menu and happy hour specials at the bar. I’m glad you took advantage of the amenities we have to offer and still found time to relax and enjoy our peaceful atmosphere. Thank you again for taking the time to write your review and we look forward to seeing you the next time you visit Key West.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Southernmost was a great place. Needs another restaurant and some kids activities to be get an excellent review. The rooms, grounds, and staff were outstanding. The hotel is located close to everything we were interested in seeing. We would definitely come back here.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review of our property. I am happy you had such a great time at our resort. Our award winning Southernmost Beach Cafe is certainly a popular spot and I appreciate your comments unfortunately, space in key West is limited. Our commitment to exceptional customer service is our goal every day and we love to hear that this is what our guests are receiving. We look forward to seeing you again the next time your travels bring you to Key West and again, thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel for 7 days at the end of June. I did quite a lot of research to find the perfect place to stay and this hotel was so consistent with great reviews that we just had to stay here. We had an ocean view room in the A building and our view was gorgeous! The hotel is located at the much quieter end of Duval Street but you can basically walk anywhere in Key West, its so small! This hotel is part of a hotel collection so you have access to 3 different pools, a beach, restaurant and pool bar. They also have a tanning pier which is AMAZING. I was out there every morning and didn't even break a sweat because of the breeze from the ocean. The bathroom was huge, the shower could fit at least 5 people in it if necessary! There was a king sized bed that was so comfortable - we slept like babies every night! Bartenders at the Shores Bar were awesome and gave great advice on the best restaurants to eat at. Drinks were really good and not overpriced at all (I'm from Philly so prices seemed normal to me anyway). The pool was really nice and had water flowing into it from fountains. Only downside was too many kids for my liking..... Overall, I loved it here and when we go back to KW - we will definitely be staying here!!!

3  Thank Danielleva
Colleen M, Guest Relations Manager at Southernmost Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review of our property. I am so glad you have such a wonderful time with us. We truly strive to make each guests stay the best it can possibly be. I’m also thrilled that the reviews you read encouraged you to give our property a chance and we lived up to your expectations. Exceptional customer service is our goal for each guest every day and it’s always rewarding to hear that we are succeeding. Thank you again for taking the time to write your review and we look forward to making your next stay with us even better.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stayed at the resort for three nights over a weekend in the third week of June 2013. We were there for a family wedding. Our room was really nice with a balcony overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. Bathroom was a nice size along with nice appointments throughout the entire room. Comfortable King bed with chairs in our room as well as on our balcony. Nice size fridge and tv. Pool was large, and overlooked the beach and ocean. There was also a nice bar along side the pool. I'm not sure to what extent the resort was involved in the wedding (I'm assuming they set handled quite a bit of it), but everything was first class. Ceremony was beautiful, food delicious and bar convenient to the canopy tent with delicious frozen cocktails. The building are newer in a Key West style and very attractive. The restaurant on the Beach does a superb job. The staff was friendly and very willing to accommodate. We had only two suggestions for the hotel. One was to install AC in the elevators and second was to have a water sprayer on the pool apron which gets very hot on your feet (minor stuff). There are many activities at the resort for the whole family and a nice spa. Key West is pricey to start with and the Resort is at the top end. It was worth the price to us because of the convenience of staying right where the wedding was and to be able to enjoy the company of family and other wedding guests staying there for the wedding.

Room Tip: We paid extra for a room with an ocean view and balcony but I did enjoy both of them.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2013

This place is how you envision a Key West Hotel to look. Since Key West is a small island mostly made out of coral there are very few beaches on the island that one would call peaceful and serene. The beach at this hotel is quaint and good size for Key west. If you are coming to the Keys for a beach vacation then I suggest you look elsewhere. I have been to Key West well over 50 times in the last 10 years and have stayed in many hotels all over the island. This place is at the top of my list of places to stay. Just make sure you get a room facing the ocean or in the building B or C facing the courtyard. The views of the sunset from the balcony rooms on the ocean are fantastic. Pay the extra money its worth it. All good hotels and attractions in Key West are expensive seeing as it is a small island so the price is not bad comparatively. All the complaints I have seen for this hotel are people that got the parking lot or distant ocean view rooms. Don't make that mistake and pay for the better room and you will love this place. Oh I forgot to mention the bell man at the front of the hotel was the friendliest most helpful hotel employee I have ever had on any trip. Trust me you will know who he is if you stay here. He is one of the few hotel employees I have ever had the pleasure of tipping.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family